Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen a no go . Story put to bed AGAIN in the Argus

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Thank f*** for that. Owen would solve...

???
:glare:
:shrug:

...yep, zero of our problems.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I dont know what to believe, there was some kind of conference at the Amex yesterday & my cousin had to attend, Owen was in the reception area & thought my cousin was there to "meet & greet" him (he wasn't) they shook hands & my cousin went to sort out whatever it was he was doing.
It wasn't until after I got the text that I saw the papers & read the rumours as i had to go to my wifes 20 week scan so was a bit late catching up on the news.
But anyway after I'd got the texts from my cuz & then read the papers I thought it actually might happen but i suppose he could have been there for a number other reasons.
My cousin is not even really into football so I'm certain it wasn't a wind up as he doesn't really know about the bullshit rumour trends that go on during the transfer windows & he just seemed pretty excited that he'd just met Michael Owen lol.
So like i say I don't know & don't really care to be honest as he'll probably be injured for the rest of his playing career & also do we really need another short pacey striker when we've got cms ? Especially an aging (in football terms) injury prone one that will demand high wages..... I'd rather have a big powerful target man alongside cms.

curiouser and curiouser???

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I dont know what to believe, there was some kind of conference at the Amex yesterday & my cousin had to attend, Owen was in the reception area & thought my cousin was there to "meet & greet" him (he wasn't) they shook hands & my cousin went to sort out whatever it was he was doing.
It wasn't until after I got the text that I saw the papers & read the rumours as i had to go to my wifes 20 week scan so was a bit late catching up on the news.
But anyway after I'd got the texts from my cuz & then read the papers I thought it actually might happen but i suppose he could have been there for a number other reasons.
My cousin is not even really into football so I'm certain it wasn't a wind up as he doesn't really know about the bullshit rumour trends that go on during the transfer windows & he just seemed pretty excited that he'd just met Michael Owen lol.
So like i say I don't know & don't really care to be honest as he'll probably be injured for the rest of his playing career & also do we really need another short pacey striker when we've got cms ? Especially an aging (in football terms) injury prone one that will demand high wages..... I'd rather have a big powerful target man alongside cms.

Strange that he tweeted that he was completing his coaching badges yesterday. I think your cousin may be winding you up.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Strange that he tweeted that he was completing his coaching badges yesterday. I think your cousin may be winding you up.

A possibility I suppose but like I said he's not into football & never usually talks about it so it would seem strange for him to all of a sudden randomly come out with that.
Could he have been doing something to do with coaching at the Amex or did he say he was elsewhere ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A possibility I suppose but like I said he's not into football & never usually talks about it so it would seem strange for him to all of a sudden randomly come out with that.
Could he have been doing something to do with coaching at the Amex or did he say he was elsewhere ?

Had he been at the Amex yesterday I would have thought that more than one person would have seen him there. When CMS was there it came from numerous sources, and Micheal Owen would be a hell of a lot more recognisable to your average person than CMS.

huge

Mar 23, 2011

Whats that funny smell?.......... Oh yeah I know!!! It's bull shit!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He would of solved our lack of goals.....

Our lack of goals is due to a lack of service to CMS. Not sure how Owen would help that. Much rather Gus expended his efforts on getting a target man instead, as to improve our existing players.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Whats that funny smell?.......... Oh yeah I know!!! It's bull shit!

Original mate..... Well done !!!

Why do people have to be dicks on here I said he could have been down for a number of reasons & that it's a possibility my cuz was winding up although knowing him & his lack of interest in football I thought it unlikely.
I also said I wasn't fussed if We got him or not.
I merely stated a text I got & said I don't know what's happening so don't try & be funny with ya little 1970's one liners mate ay

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Our lack of goals is due to a lack of service to CMS. Not sure how Owen would help that. Much rather Gus expended his efforts on getting a target man instead, as to improve our existing players.

Spot on in my opinion (as I said in my 1st post)

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Had he been at the Amex yesterday I would have thought that more than one person would have seen him there. When CMS was there it came from numerous sources, and Micheal Owen would be a hell of a lot more recognisable to your average person than CMS.

Yeah good point, just wait & see I suppose.
Transfer window speculation drives me mad

TAG 1977

Aug 10, 2011
Owen was definitely at the AMEX yesterday. A friend of mine met him and shook hands with him whilst he was being shown around in the west stand. Again, he could of been down here for a number of reasons!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Owen was definitely at the AMEX yesterday. A friend of mine met him and shook hands with him whilst he was being shown around in the west stand. Again, he could of been down here for a number of reasons!

Probably to get some fitness tips from Vicente.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I am relieved this ridiculous rumour has been put to bed, I was speaking to Steven Gerrard yesterday and he said he would never sign for us if Michael Owen was in the team!

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
we had more chance of signing
slide-10-steve-owen.jpg

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

Maybe he's stil flogging crisps....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here