Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Overpaid players

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Craig Bellamy's ouburst at the weekend had tipped me over the edge; I can't keep quiet anymore. Is anyone else out there so fed up with childish, lazy, overpaid players publically airing their grievances with those who manage the game, to the point it is starting to spoil their enjoyment of the beatiful game ? With all the recent events (Roy Keane, Riogate, England players threatened strike and press boycott, Wales players saying who they do and don't want in charge to neame a few), it seems players are having to much of a say on things that should be left to those that run the game.

I've been watching footie for 20 years and I'd never heard of the expression 'lost the dressing room' until a couple of seasons ago. What is it about the players of Newcatle and Leicester for example (apart from planet sized egos, greedy agents and extortionate wages) that they think they can run the club better than the likes of Sir Booby and (Sir) Mickey ?

The main problem is the way clubs discipline players (or don't more to the point). A fine of two weeks wages isn't going to hurt most premiership players is it ? Clubs seem more reluctant these dyas to drop/sell/freeze out trouble makers (all sorts of hidden agendas with shareholders/contracts/sponsorship there). Bans are the only things that will hit them where it hurts and the FA needs to help clubs out with such public displays of petulance.

I am starting to sound like my grandad.

Sorry.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Camp Freddy said:

I am starting to sound like my grandad.

Sorry.

Your starting to sound like Ben's Grandad.:jester:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Craig Bellamy is and always has been a gobby little tosspot :angry:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Would banning a player do any good though?

£40,000 a week for 5 mornings training and your weekend off - I think I could handle that.

The only punishment is to cut one of their legs off.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He was expressing annoyance at getting substituted, if my players DIDN'T care that they were being brought of i would be worried. I'm not Bellamy's bigest fan but I can understand players wanting to stay on the pitch and from what Gordon Strachan was saying on MOTD last night players do it quite a lot.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Its like they keep on bleating on about being tired as there are to many games as well.

What a load of Bollocks,if i was getting paid £45,000 a week for something I enjoyed doing you wouldnt get me off the pitch!!

They play a maximum of 3 hours a week,f***ing hard life isnt it!!:angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I've just been to a very interesting lecture on why players are paid so much.

Although my lecturer spent quite a long time wonderign how much money goes up Adrian Mutu's nose.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Robbo said:
I doubt it! :shootself

I liked the idea Clough had. If you fine a player you should fine the manager too!

Disapline problems would soon sort themselves out!

I also think this two week wage fine is bollocks unless they take into account ALL their sources of income.

They should also be forced to play in green flash for two weeks!

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I don't Bellamy did much wrong to be honest. We have all sworn about our boss or bosses or said something like him under the circumstances just he got caught on tv. Perhaps I am the only one but to be honest the long haired gon is getting unfair criticism in my opinion

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
ManOnTheRun said:
I would never complain about being bought off by Greame Souness, that scottish accent is soooooo sexy ... :p

Agreed, his stiff brush type moustache really used to flick my switch.

So, how much would it take to BUY you off then? Surely you meant brought and not 'bought'.

Stick 'em up punk you're a cocknocking criminal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here