Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over the Rainbow, but Under the Radar

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Indeed.

A comment I read on their forum was that not one of our players would get into their starting XI. I'll admit to not knowing much about some of their players, so I'm not entirely sure what their first choice XI would be, and there's clearly going to be bias from this side but is that really the case?

Ahh Bozza, as you well know, if you were to map the value span of opinions ventured on internet fora then its arc would span the globe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some great posts on there and some gibberish. There aren't any "easy" games in this league and none of the other top 6 contenders they mention are setting the league aflame. I am not worried about the unbeaten run as its too easy to get hung up on that but I'm sure we can get a result against Derby, Reading or Sheffield fracking Wednesday.

Let's see where we are at Christmas. I have a feeling that we'll still be top. If so. We're going up.

I think they've forgotten that we beat them 2-0 last season when we were crap.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lets get as many of the 22 wins still needed as soon as possible :rock:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I tend to agree with that. Really only this week, after BZ's second winner in four days, did you start getting even a sniff of things on Sky Sports News and talkSPORT about 'can Brighton go up?'

Bleacher Report went to the opposite extreme about a week ago and asked me to do something on how possible it would be for us to establish ourselves in the Premier League. So I spoke to CH, BZ, DK and PB and filed it and they've now told me they're not planning to put it up until the week beginning November 9th. Which will be okay if we're still top and unbeaten, but could look pretty stupid if we lose three on the spin ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Indeed.

A comment I read on their forum was that not one of our players would get into their starting XI. I'll admit to not knowing much about some of their players, so I'm not entirely sure what their first choice XI would be, and there's clearly going to be bias from this side but is that really the case?

That's good, then. I don't want any of our players to get into their starting XI.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Bleacher Report went to the opposite extreme about a week ago and asked me to do something on how possible it would be for us to establish ourselves in the Premier League. So I spoke to CH, BZ, DK and PB and filed it and they've now told me they're not planning to put it up until the week beginning November 9th. Which will be okay if we're still top and unbeaten, but could look pretty stupid if we lose three on the spin ...

CH - Chris Hughton
BZ - Bobby Zamora
PB - Paul Barber

I'm LOST on DK , who the HELL is that ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CH - Chris Hughton
BZ - Bobby Zamora
PB - Paul Barber

I'm LOST on DK , who the HELL is that ?

Translation for you (only): DK = DT...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's good, then. I don't want any of our players to get into their starting XI.

They could probably do with one or two. I've just looked at their stats for last night's game against Blackburn which finished 0-0. Derby had one shot on target.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Why would you WANT to INTERVIEW him ? The only thing YOU should be ASKING him is where is the 1983 FA Cup Final CASH ?

I think he has been asked enough times. Time to turn him upside down and give him a good SHAKE.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Right now i don't care what other teams fans think of us...we are top...we are unbeaten..we are the best and i cant think of any match this season where the opposition were better than us...i'll enjoy the moment ta very much

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You what ?

The majority of NSC perceive him to be rubbish

The perception now is that he's improved a lot since last season, when in reality, he made som mistakes & the defence in front of him is better. Last season we had the 8th least goals conceded in the division.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's not in the slightest bit surprising that fans of other teams look at us in that way and expect us to tail off. I'd be the same if a team who were struggling last season started so well this time around. I don't find that offensive whatsoever. It's entirely reasonable. Plenty of teams have started seasons brilliantly, only to fade later on (look at Forest last year).

In fact, if I'm being completely honest (and perhaps this is the product of more than twenty five years worth of following the Albion) I still half expect the bubble to burst myself :)

The only thing that's mildly amusing about it is that it should be Reading fans who consider us to be in a false position, whilst, in contrast, seemingly believing their own good form to be an accurate barometer of their likely final position. That's Reading who finished- I believe- a massive one place above us last year.

Had I been going to post something, this would be exactly it, particularly the first paragraph.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You what ?

I thinnk you must have a strange way of reading NSC. That's not the way I would perceive it.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
You what ?

Er.. sorry, you're not speaking for me. Game and game again he's saved us 1 or 2 points. If anything he's suffered from a weaker defence this season but he's twice the goalie he was when he joined us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who cares if some Derby or Reading fans are getting an attack of the Green Eyed Monsters?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just to be clear I am referring to the remorseless slagging off he got last season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here