Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over it already!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Getting there. Glad more to happy about BHA these days, who knows what next season will bring but compared to so many others we're in safe hands

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, just bouncing this to say I am now officially 100% over it.

If at the start of the season someone had offered me 2nd place, but said we'd lose the actual Championship due to a last-minute equaliser in the last game - I'd have bitten their bloody hands off.

Looking forward to the parade on Sunday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'We'll be top going into the final game of the season, having been promoted a couple of weeks earlier with 3 games left amidst incredible scenes at the Amex that go on well into the night, but lose out on the Championship title by a single point to Newcastle due a flukey last-minute goal. We'll finish a country mile ahead of Villa, Norwich, Derby, Leeds and Massive'...........said no-one in August.

Over it ? Oh yes. Are the fixtures out yet ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Still can't get "We're on our way...." out of my head - so I don't think not winning the title has had lasting damage. Yes - over it.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just occasional twinges still, but rapidly fading. In fact, pant-wettingly excited about the coming season, but oh bloody hell we're still only 5 days into the summer break. The play offs are going to be a welcome, enjoyable distraction.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I am still feeling it a bit to be honest. Yes the achievement is great, but I can't help feel that the professionalism for the last 3 games was a bit poor. We had the best chance of our best ever trophy that we are going to have in a long time. I think, personally that was worth a little more effort. We are all elated at being be promoted, but with the chance we had, we should have won the league, and everyone knows it. Shame.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I am still feeling it a bit to be honest. Yes the achievement is great, but I can't help feel that the professionalism for the last 3 games was a bit poor. We had the best chance of our best ever trophy that we are going to have in a long time. I think, personally that was worth a little more effort. We are all elated at being be promoted, but with the chance we had, we should have won the league, and everyone knows it. Shame.

It was just that misplaced, final three game wobble that cost us the trophy, but after a two year, 92 game relentless SLOG I'm inclined to think it was more down to marathon runners' jelly legs having crossed the line, rather than belligerent, lazy unprofessionalism. Our boys have been AMAZING, and I don't intend to dwell on a lack of trophy for the cabinet. So looking forward to next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here