Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over ear headphones

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Ha ha. I want a pair of obvious '**** off, leave me alone' headphones so no need for call answering or other people listening to my tunes :smile: I will look up this brand though, thanks.

Crazy isn't it? They spent years refining and designing headphones to be smaller and less noticeable then suddenly everyone wants them bigger again.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Crazy isn't it? They spent years refining and designing headphones to be smaller and less noticeable then suddenly everyone wants them bigger again.

It is ironic, that's for sure. First time i've felt reasonably ok wearing the big fellas.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks like it will be Sennheiser then. Thanks everyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do NOT get Beats. Aside from them making you look like a ****, they are not that good.

Agree. And from a "looks" perspective the first rule of fashion is do not wear anything a footballer will wear. And a large number of Prem players wear Beats, enough said.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another vote for Sennheiser. I use smallish Bluetooth ones so I can wander around the room if I want.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got a pair of Bose AE2s and they are superb, better than the pair of sennheisers.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I beg to differ on the Beats Pros, which I have. Very good all round sound for not just bass and much more durable than most others on the market.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Another sennheiser fan. I've got HD25's for my DJ headphones, absolutely crystal clear and they boom out with the added bonus of being indestructable - they're industry standard for a good reason. If it's just for home use I'd be inclined to go for something that looks cooler - the one's that buzzer and goldstone1976 put up look pretty sexual :drool:

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
I have Bowers and Wilkins P5's, far above the best headphones I have listened too, very natural sound but a tad pricey.. I have heard the P3's are just as good and a bit cheaper.. Also they are a Sussex company (over in Lancing) so anything else would be an outrage to the local economy!!

Jul 7, 2003
I bought some Bose OE2's from a Bose outlet in the states a couple of years ago and they have been brilliant. Superb sound through them and quite robust - they have been dragged around Europe on various flights and stuck in hand luggage without any problems. Nice padded headband to go over your shiny bonce! Only minor comment is that if you do wear them for a long time in a warm environment your ears get a little warm.

I did pick up a pair of Beats to try but they just felt so cheap and plasticy for something that is so expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here