Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outside the Amex on Saturday.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be. I hear the club don't have a licence for live music outside the stadium, so the stage that went up today is coming down in the morning. :-(
Yep. It's been cancelled by the police due to the category A rating of the match. Certain people at the club are more than a little unhappy at the decision.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have I missed something here, Cat A matches would be something like Brighton v Cheltenham, I would have thought today was Cat B but if the police are closing pubs/ restricting drinking etc then its Cat C

You're correct, sorry. Today is not a Category A I believe.

• Category CS – Club Security Only (ie, Police Free Fixture, noting that a limited number of football policing practitioners may be deployed, eg, Police Commander, spotters);
• Category A – Low Risk of Disorder;
• Category B – Medium Risk of Disorder;
• Category C – High Risk of Disorder;
• Category C-IR – Category C with Increased Risk of Disorder.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have I missed something here, Cat A matches would be something like Brighton v Cheltenham, I would have thought today was Cat B but if the police are closing pubs/ restricting drinking etc then its Cat C

No you are correct, and I got it wrong. Almost every game is Cat A for us, Sussex Police in the main seem to prefer the softly softly approach, unlike their colleagues from the Met, and Hampshire.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Forecast good for Saturday. Is this happening?

Should be, yes. Darren Balkham said last night they were all good to go.

Assuming, of course, that the band don't announce on Friday afternoon that they've accepted a last minute invitation to play at Turf Moor instead.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Should be, yes. Darren Balkham said last night they were all good to go.

Assuming, of course, that the band don't announce on Friday afternoon that they've accepted a last minute invitation to play at Turf Moor instead.

Don't worry we've got a last minute Portuguese Band on stand by, they're young but boy are they good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here