Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Outside drinking at the AMEX

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's not illegal though.... The FA's directive is that there should be no alcohol consumed in view of the pitch, whilst the game is in play. However, there is nothing to suggest in the rulebook that your breaking the law whilst there is no game being played.

He was probably referring to the club licence to operate at The Amex rather than FA rules.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
It was great outside the west stand. A few patio tables would have been perfect. I wandered up to watch the Blackpool players getting on their coach. They all seen remarkably chipper considering they'd just been outclassed. Even their keeper was having a lovely chat outside the coach.

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
That's two games in a row I've done it now. I asked the stewards both times, and both chaps said it was absolutely fine to take my beer(s) outside the concourse.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I know the club are looking at the possibility of a FAN ZONE (not on the screen) from the North Stand to the station where catering etc will be offered. Not sure about booze but it is definitely being weighed up.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
hey will make a rod for their own backs either ignore the law, get it changed or adhere to it. You cannot as a club break the law when it suits and enforce it when it doesn't. The same goes with sales pitches outside they always maintained the licence doesn't allow us to put Burgher vans or whatever on the approaches as they are a health hazard but they can put club merchandise vans there. Double standards.
Have to agree with you on this BG you cant have it both ways when it suits, it just causes more probs on another day when they want to do the opposite the northstand sitting and standing farce comes to mind.However thought RH came across well on the Roar and over all the stewarding is far better than at withdean.Thought the show was a good listen yesterday, well worth a go..

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
Was fantastic having a few beers outside the West yesterday. Chatted to some of the players as they left. Some of the Blackpool fans seemed to be a having a good time dispite taking a right tonking. When they closed the West stand we moved on down to the North. Was about 7pm by the time we left the AMEX. I guess alot will depend on who the opposition is to if they do it again.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A few seasons ago we went to Colchester and they had a beer tent outside with a band and both sets of fans enjoyed a beer in the Sun and a chat
And listened to the music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here