Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Outbreak of laryngitis in the north stand?

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
I thought they were better then usual, when we were playing well. Team and whole stadium flat, for the last 20 TBF. Personally, I'm knackered after Amsterdam! Zzzzzz....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Presumably the singers are all still on the piss in Amsterdam?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Always the north stands fault, didn’t hear too much from anywhere else in the stadium either to be fair !
You get the ‘end’, the cheap tickets, the chance to call yourselves things like “NSK”, more bars and the legacy of the Goldstone north. You lead, we follow. That’s the deal.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Always the north stands fault, didn’t hear too much from anywhere else in the stadium either to be fair !
Well let's be honest... it is always the North Stand's fault. The NS as the home end is where our noisy support is supposed to start for the other stands to join in with. Compared to most clubs our other 3 stands are noisier than average, but unfortunately the NS is below average for a home end.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well let's be honest... it is always the North Stand's fault. The NS as the home end is where our noisy support is supposed to start for the other stands to join in with. Compared to most clubs our other 3 stands are noisier than average, but unfortunately the NS is below average for a home end.
Exactly this. Too many in there for cheap tickets instead of singing and too much rivalry between the two main groups.

Tiberious Two

Aug 5, 2021
here is an idea why dont all those moaning about the north stand buy a ticket to go in there for the next match and see how they do ? when I bought my ticket it did not come with instructions I had to ensure the other 3 stands were entertained and could sing along and that was 12 years ago,,, when the amex first opened I remember the east and west stands singing whats happened to them or is it only the North stand that have to provide the atmosphere ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone in the west upper did their best to get a west/north stand boys chant going, but didn't get enough support from the west upper, not enough of a response from the north stand.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
That's true (as a West Stand Upper) but the team drive the atmosphere at the Amex. Poor display from the manager and team today as well.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Is that still going on? Don't know why they do it but it ruined the North Stand for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Given some of the stories I have heard about Amsterdam you should be grateful it’s laryngitis and not something else. :lolol:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Who leads the singing in the North Stand? I seem to recall a guy who was known as The Judge, but can't remember seeing his name mentioned recently.

Tiberious Two

Aug 5, 2021
Someone in the west upper did their best to get a west/north stand boys chant going, but didn't get enough support from the west upper, not enough of a response from the north stand.
personally never heard any other stand sing,, but had been drinking a lot of ale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here