Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Out sung, yet again.....

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Thought it was evens today. Away support espesially pompey should be in good voice. I thought they were poor today.

pinnell81

Feb 2, 2012
was in the east today by the pompey they had one song only, but also as myself, my brother and our mate stood up to sing my brother and my pal got booted out no warning nothing for singing back! luckily i was able to stay put, but really??? singing for our team gets u booted out and when they threw a flare and fought with our stewards they stayed put?
it is hard work in the east to get some atmos going!

I thought we were pretty crap too, where I am on the left side (facing out) of the North there seemed to be a lot of unfamiliar faces, families and middle-aged women etc not really joining in or standing up. Wasn't surprised when Pompey sang shall we sing a song for you then sarcastically applaud when we did (and if I can hear what the away fans are singing, we must be quiet)

All changed after the flare incident though.

was in the east today by the pompey they had one song only, but also as myself, my brother and our mate stood up to sing my brother and my pal got booted out no warning nothing for singing back! luckily i was able to stay put, but really??? singing for our team gets u booted out and when they threw a flare and fought with our stewards they stayed put?

That is really really shit. f***ing hell. I would seriously write to the club.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4778240 said:
I thought we were pretty crap too, where I am on the left side (facing out) of the North there seemed to be a lot of unfamiliar faces, families and middle-aged women etc not really joining in or standing up. Wasn't surprised when Pompey sang shall we sing a song for you then sarcastically applaud when we did (and if I can hear what the away fans are singing, we must be quiet)

All changed after the flare incident though.

Right side was good today I thought

pinnell81

Feb 2, 2012
funny thing i work for someone who is very high up at the albion so will chat with him, they are not banned but its a liberty, and to be honest if it kicked off there were no where near enough stewards to do anything and no disrespect to the fella but a steward near me was deaf n dumb bless him, but if any trouble occured he wouldnt have a chance! the east have to many rules with power trip stewards coz they have an ear piece! that is why no atmos over there.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Never outsung today. Granted Pompey fans didn't give up for 90 minutes, but their chants were sporadic and repetitive. Actually thought North Stand/WSU did a fantastic job, thought atmosphere was very good in comparison to many games this year.

'Puffa jacket nob' or whatever people call him on here; you finally got the Gus Poyet's Blue and White Army song going, and it created a great wall of sound from the North! Good effort sir, you make me chuckle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
funny thing i work for someone who is very high up at the albion so will chat with him, they are not banned but its a liberty, and to be honest if it kicked off there were no where near enough stewards to do anything and no disrespect to the fella but a steward near me was deaf n dumb bless him, but if any trouble occured he wouldnt have a chance! the east have to many rules with power trip stewards coz they have an ear piece! that is why no atmos over there.

Yea and at the same time there's a lot in tht east corner who spend there time baiting the opposition supporters n not watching the match....makes me larf som of the antics of both sets of supporters in tht area....and the stewards did go in to try n sort that 'bell' problem out..looked as if t was going to turn nasty at one point...plod sent one pc in which was useless

Just a final point the east is supposed to b a bit tighter on behaviour ...maybe u need to take a look at west/north in future ...not telling u what to do..just pointing out what is

D

Deleted member 18477

The atmosphere today was quite good. More intense than the last few games. WTF do other people not hear that I do. Get some hearing aids ffs!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
it depends where you sit in the ground

100% agree with this. If your in the southern wing of the east or west, the south stand sounds so much louder. likewise if in northern ends of these stands the north sounds much louder. Didnt think we were quiet though. (im in family stand section)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Heard the Pompey fans twice all game, thought they were very poor considering their numbers.

North was pretty good, got some good chants going, just need to get both sides going in sync. West were a bit disappointing today, but all in all, we were not outsung at all.

Last edited:

Sat in the east for the first time and the atmosphere was fantastic. Not much singing in the east but a wall of sound coming at you from all three other stands. I think you get a better sense of the acoustics there as I normally sit in WSU and it doesn't seem as loud as nothing coming back from east. Just think back to the withdean years, now that was morgue like by comparison.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I sit in the block next to you and saw you guys giving it back to the Portsmouth fans with their homophobic chants, limp wrist and wanker signs directed at you and was fully behind you. The problem is the people sat by the away support are mostly elderly, women and kids etc, quiet and passive, so if you stand up to it and give it back you stand out like a sore thumb. I thought their support was very loud and we could hardly hear a peep out of the North and West in the first half so it must be the acoutics of the ground and where you sit as to the perception of vocal support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here