Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our top five rivals

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Remember what happened when we played WACCOE at Elland Road in 2012? Our games against them have always been a little bit naughty.
Lot's of our games take on a bit of extra meaning for whatever reason.

But come on, we're isolated here on the South coast. We need an excuse to have an extra enemy or two :lolol:
There's always some teams to wish ill upon, like Middlesbrough. I just wouldn't go as far as calling them rivals. It also feels a little embarrassing calling someone a rival when they don't feel the same.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've found that we end up hating pretty much every other team, and then us, as soon as we start playing against them. several teams in this premier league that I used to like i can't stand anymore.

Palace are really our only rivals but I can’t stand the skate tw@s either.

Most other Premier League teams annoy me in some way due to either having a massive sense of entitlement or sheer tin pot smuggery (hello Bournemouth). In that respect it was a shame we lost Fulham (great day out, inoffensive middle class fans) and Cardiff, just because a really good mate is one of their boyos and had a couple of good days out with him when we’ve played them. Of the new lot I can’t imagine hating Sheffield Utd, except we’ll probably give Billy Back From The Dead Sharp stick and it’ll all kick off from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Palace are really our only rivals but I can’t stand the skate tw@s either.

Most other Premier League teams annoy me in some way due to either having a massive sense of entitlement or sheer tin pot smuggery (hello Bournemouth). In that respect it was a shame we lost Fulham (great day out, inoffensive middle class fans) and Cardiff, just because a really good mate is one of their boyos and had a couple of good days out with him when we’ve played them. Of the new lot I can’t imagine hating Sheffield Utd, except we’ll probably give Billy Back From The Dead Sharp stick and it’ll all kick off from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to like Bournemouth, like Newcastle, like Huddersfield, like Leicester, but since we've started competing with them I can't stand any of them

Charlie Muggins

May 21, 2018
Surprised no-one has mentioned Southend......would say we had more of a rivalry with them than teams like Chesterfield, Cardiff and Orient for instance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surprised no-one has mentioned Southend......would say we had more of a rivalry with them than teams like Chesterfield, Cardiff and Orient for instance.

Orient were our Palace when we were in League 1 and 2 for me

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Palace are Brighton’s rivals I would struggle to think of any others in 2019. Some of the other clubs mentioned such as Oxford/Cardiff, most Brighton fans would have been oblivious to any ‘rivalry’ as only the couple of hundred hoolies involved in the shenanigans would have been aware. And the police of course

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don't get Man Utd being in that list. Odd !

How about that they are the second most supported Premier League team in Sussex (guess)?
Sometimes I get the feeling that most of Albion’s lost generation of fans support them. Places like Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill and East Grinstead are full of the red plastics.

Rivalries develop amongst the people you see all the time and live locally to you. There out Man Utd fans everywhere in the county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here