Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our strongest midfield for years?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Assuming Lua Lua is joining, i cant remeber having a midfield as strong as we have now for years....Lua Lua, Sparrow, Navarro, Kishisev, Bennett, Dicker, Smith, Baz and Batipiedi..........I dont see any problems in defence at the moment so i guess were just one more striker away from having a team that should be at least pushing for a play off place.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Assuming Lua Lua is joining, i cant remeber having a midfield as strong as we have now for years....Lua Lua, Sparrow, Navarro, Kishisev, Bennett, Dicker, Smith, Baz and Batipiedi..........I dont see any problems in defence at the moment so i guess were just one more striker away from having a team that should be at least pushing for a play off place.

Absolutely agree. Great strength in depth, even with Navarro's injury. If we get a new striker and play 4-4-2, there are going to be a few decent players on the bench.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What about that new player from Chelsea and maybe Caskey? The Argies are shit but apart from that it's a good midfield.

I'm not sure you have watched the Argies play? They have come from a league that isn't as physical as ours and will take time to settle. but once they learn the way opposition play against us in League 1 they will be superb.

During pre-season they showed some fantastic touches of the ball and that they can pick out passes, and against Aberdeen Baz tried 2 overhead shots at goal.

They have the ability to play but just need to get to grips with the phyisicality of league 1 louts

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Yep. Its a good squad. Just a spare left back and a new stricker and we have a very good squad.

Without spending millions.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
What about that new player from Chelsea and maybe Caskey? The Argies are shit but apart from that it's a good midfield.

How in gods name can you possibly say that about Baz and Batti? They have played a few times for us, are adjusting to a new country and type of football. You sir a football moron for posting such nonsenses!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not sure you have watched the Argies play? They have come from a league that isn't as physical as ours and will take time to settle. but once they learn the way opposition play against us in League 1 they will be superb.

During pre-season they showed some fantastic touches of the ball and that they can pick out passes, and against Aberdeen Baz tried 2 overhead shots at goal.

They have the ability to play but just need to get to grips with the phyisicality of league 1 louts

Don't be ridiculous, you can't give new players time to settle in. They must score two goals a game from the start otherwise they are rubbish. That is the NSC way.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep. Its a good squad. Just a spare left back and a new stricker and we have a very good squad.

Without spending millions.

I was thinking about the strength in depth and the bench is now starting to look quite good. At Sheffield Wednesday, the subs were:

Walker, Cook, Battipiedi, Hart, Holroyd, Baz, Caskey

Assuming that Greer, Sparrow and Lua Lua all come in for the MK Dons game and replace El Abd, Battipiedi and Barnes, the subs could be:

Brezovan (if fit), El Abd, Bridcutt, Battipiedi, Smith, Barnes, Baz

That definitely looks a lot better, even without further new signings. Get the two more we are after, and some decent players will not even make the bench.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Yeah. Sorry to be the one to break the bad news but you're wrong.

Even though they need time to settle both Argies have looked good. Solid players. I forget which one, but one looks up for the tackles and can ride them too with the ball. :shrug:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Yeah. Sorry to be the one to break the bad news but you're wrong.

Even though they need time to settle both Argies have looked good. Solid players. I forget which one, but one looks up for the tackles and can ride them too with the ball. :shrug:

I think both the Argies have looked ok so far and will get better as the sesaon goes when they fully adapt to our game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think both the Argies have looked ok so far and will get better as the sesaon goes when they fully adapt to our game.

Our strength in depth is a benefit for them as we don't have to throw them in at the deep end but can use them sparingly now and see how they do. I am not expecting too much from either of them this season, although would be pleased if proved wrong, but there is definitely potential in both when they get used to the English game.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Nappy thrower joins my ignore list for the most uneducated rubbish I have ever seen posted.

That's fine,just proves you are a moron..

Batti was shit on saturday and as soon as he was replaced we looked a better team that went onto to scoring two goals.Funny that.

He ran about like a headless chicken without getting into the game.Think Gus saw this as well and dragged him off.But don't let that cloud your judgement.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Batti was shit on saturday and as soon as he was replaced we looked a better team that went onto to scoring two goals.Funny that.

He ran about like a headless chicken without getting into the game.Think Gus saw this as well and dragged him off.But don't let that cloud your judgement.

You mean when we changed the formation and pushed Bennett out wide we had players getting in behind their defence and caused all sorts of issues.

Batti was playing in a midfield 3 behind Bennett which exposed our fullbacks and ment the midfield had to constantly run back after Wallsall had gone down either wing.

Prior to the substitution Dicker, Kishichev and Battipiedi were keeping the ball well but when we lost it they found themselves running back to defend. Gus could have taken any one of those three off to make the change and the result would have been the same. In fact if he had taken off Kishichev we may not have given the goal away as his pass was to the ref

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Exactly. They've not looked shit and like they need time to gel. Theres definatly something useful in them both.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

Funny how your outnumbered by about 50-1 !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here