Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

our stewards

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
i think our stewards r a joke that stand near the dugouts anyone else agree

You talking about the short haired little Hitler, who wears glasses, the one that was getting all hot and bothered arguing with a supporter, who then had to be pulled away and calmed down by one of his ‘mates’?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i think our stewards r a joke that stand near the dugouts anyone else agree

No, I don't actually. Their job is not to tell off anybody in the oppo bench. I spoke to the chief steward (as did many others) and he raised our concerns with the 4th official who did bugger all about it.

Is it me or do all the 4th officials seem way too pally with the away bench at withdean!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You talking about the short haired little Hitler, who wears glasses, the one that was getting all hot and bothered arguing with a supporter, who then had to be pulled away and calmed down by one of his ‘mates’?

That was Steward number 590........and absolute fuckwit.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
all ex tesco trolley dollies them stewards... not worth paper i wipe my arse on

Ronnie

Jan 6, 2009
The Herb Garden
all ex tesco trolley dollies them stewards... not worth paper i wipe my arse on from Simon 195 (15 posts in over 2 years) and he comes out with this classic.

Some of us, me included, have supported the Albion for over 50 years and to be thought of like this shows the sort of people we have on this site. If you didn't have Stewards there would be no match. We are doing the best we can and when the team is playing crap it is time to have a go at the Stewards. Simon 195 get a life and get behind the team whoever happens to be Manager

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
all ex tesco trolley dollies them stewards... not worth paper i wipe my arse on from Simon 195 (15 posts in over 2 years) and he comes out with this classic.

Some of us, me included, have supported the Albion for over 50 years and to be thought of like this shows the sort of people we have on this site. If you didn't have Stewards there would be no match. We are doing the best we can and when the team is playing crap it is time to have a go at the Stewards. Simon 195 get a life and get behind the team whoever happens to be Manager

Are you a steward then...?

If so, are you embarrassed working with the fuckwit, steward 590...?

Oh......and by the way, your statement ""If you didn't have stewards there would be no match" just about sums up the arrogant and stupid mind of a steward. We could ALL say things like that..."no supporters...no club"...."no players....no team" etc etc etc......truly pathetic..!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The ones who stand opposite C are alright. THey've never told me to stop yelling abuse at the referee and getting pissed offf and swearing a lot.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I was a steward years ago at the albion and i never stopped anyone doing anything. found it highly amusing at times to be honest.

Todays stewards are probably instructed to deal with fans behaviour more than they were in the old days and this has gone to their heads a bit.
They get a bit power struck and want to be policemen all the time.

Stewards - stand there, direct people to their seats and leave the argy bargy to the real coppers.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Calm down Ronnie !!!!! If you've been a supporter for 50 years, then you are probably like me, retired, but unlike me, you volunteer to take stick on this site by being a uniform wearer every other week!
Before anyone has a go, I policed many a hairy game at the Goldstone,post 1975.

I blame the REF for the stewards behavior.

Appalling referee, needs specs, and his hi-viz even matched Oldham's kit.

Anyway, you should all support the stewards - they are OUR stewards, and they have "Brighton and Hove Albion" on their kit. Tae heck with train-spotting, there are over 100 stewards autographs to collect, and all have different numbers.

Last edited:

Incidentally, "Brighton and Hove Albion - a stewards story" will be out in time for the opening of Falmer Stadium. You can only get a signed hardback first edition by getting your advanced orders in, or on the actual opening day.

After that, you will just have to take your chances and bid for one on eBay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here