Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our squad depth is utterly incredible right now

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I’m worried we’ll never see White play for us. Very keen to get him back from Leeds and involved in the first team.

I have no idea why you would be worried, he is our player and has just signed a long deal

If Potter wants him in our 11 next year, which I am sure he will then he will play for us. We don't need to sell him and can offer him everything he needs.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
When we are sticking a 6ft 7ins centre back at left back, we clearly have a lack of true left backs. Absolutely love Dan Burn, and he's doing an admirable job there, but he's covering a problem area.

Funny, for me Dan Burn has been one of our sunrise packages this season. Arguably early contender for our player of the year.

Burns marauding attacking runs down the left have been a thing to behold (nicely illustrated by our 3rd goal vs Everton)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When you consider that we own all these players who will most likely, not be in Sunday’s squad for various reasons.

Mind blowing!

You have some of the best of our past, present and future here. A squad that would rinse the Championship. Must be £100m+ worth of talent here!

Webster (Injured)
Bong
Bissouma
Jahanbakhsh
Bernardo (Injured)
Izquierdo (Injured)
White (Loan)
Knockaert (Loan)
Kayal (Loan)
Tau (Loan)
McAllister (Loan)
Arce (Loan)
Molumby (Loan)
Walton (Loan)
Clarke (Loan)
Locadia (Loan)
Andone (Loan)
Gyökeres (Loan)
Ostigard (Loan)
Dreyer (Loan)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Funny, for me Dan Burn has been one of our sunrise packages this season. Arguably early contender for our player of the year.

Burns marauding attacking runs down the left have been a thing to behold (nicely illustrated by our 3rd goal vs Everton)

Bernardo is an excellent left back option when fit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Most are the same players from last year. A lot of credit goes to Potter for getting that bit more out of them and changing our system.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's going to be tough for that to pass without comment!

To look at it another, although the same, way.

This team would be desperate for us to finish 6th:-

Button

El Greyhoundo Duffy Balogun Yoof Bernardo

Ali J Bissouma Mooy March

Murray.

I don't know what kind of team Wolves or Burnley put out for Europe, but I'd be fairly confident that team (despite Bozza's imminent arrival to crap all over Ali's selection) could:-

- Get wins in the early rounds of the UEFA Cup.
- Not impact on the following league game(s)
- Do well against this season's Wolves, last season's Burnley.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Most are the same players from last year. A lot of credit goes to Potter for getting that bit more out of them and changing our system.

:ohmy:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With Manchester United trying to rebuild and targeting English speaking players I can’t help but think the Aaron Connolly would be the perfect fit for them alongside Rashford.
My forecast is that the gossip columns will soon start linking him with a United bid.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's going to be tough for that to pass without comment!

To look at it another, although the same, way.

This team would be desperate for us to finish 6th:-

Button

El Greyhoundo Duffy Balogun Yoof Bernardo

Ali J Bissouma Mooy March

Murray.

I don't know what kind of team Wolves or Burnley put out for Europe, but I'd be fairly confident that team (despite Bozza's imminent arrival to crap all over Ali's selection) could:-

- Get wins in the early rounds of the UEFA Cup.
- Not impact on the following league game(s)
- Do well against this season's Wolves, last season's Burnley.

plus we would know we had the additional workload in advance of pre-season, so some extra recruitment would be possible as well.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
IMHO the true marker for squad depth is whether you can field an entire alternative XI and it would still be of a decent quality. Using the XI from the weekend I reckon so, as follows;

Ryan
Montoya / Dunk / Webster / Burn
Gross / Stephens / Propper / Alzate
Connolly / Maupay

Button
Schelotto / Duffy / Balogun / Bong
March / Mooy / Bissouma / Jahanbakhsh
Murray / Trossard

I'd argue we're maybe a first-team striker light (Locadia might come back, I can't see a way back for Andone though) from being fully stocked.

This is a great point. I look forward to every team selection now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMHO the true marker for squad depth is whether you can field an entire alternative XI and it would still be of a decent quality. Using the XI from the weekend I reckon so, as follows;

Ryan
Montoya / Dunk / Webster / Burn
Gross / Stephens / Propper / Alzate
Connolly / Maupay

Button
Schelotto / Duffy / Balogun / Bong
March / Mooy / Bissouma / Jahanbakhsh
Murray / Trossard

I'd argue we're maybe a first-team striker light (Locadia might come back, I can't see a way back for Andone though) from being fully stocked.

Looks even better if we drop in the currently injured, loans out and a high-flying youngster - not inconceivable our back up (again assuming last weekend's starting XI) could be something like this in future (as we don't seem to play 442):

Button
Duffy / White / Clarke
March / Mooy / Bissouma / Bernardo
Trossard / Murray / Izquierdo (or Knockaert)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That bit in Return of the Jedi when the Emperor says "Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station". That's what I imagine it's going to be like when Bissouma comes back in earnest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That bit in Return of the Jedi when the Emperor says "Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station". That's what I imagine it's going to be like when Bissouma comes back in earnest.
With Mooy being unable to get back in the team after a near faultless performance v Spurs.

Bissouma is still a distance from the 18, let alone kicking the ball.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Most are the same players from last year. A lot of credit goes to Potter for getting that bit more out of them and changing our system.[/QUOTE [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] I think your account has been hacked mate.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here