Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Slump in Form

What is the main reason for our slump in form

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The injury to Bong, followed by Rosenior, was a cruel blow.

If either had not been crocked, we may well be top of the table now.

I expect results to pick up with Ridgewell filling in until Bong returns.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Injuries, it be interesting to know what the longest run of games, before he gets injured, that Lua Lua has had in any season.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think the LB position is our biggest worry. If we are playing our second choice right back as our third choice left back, how crap has Chicksen got to be and WTF is he still doing at the club?

Not sure Baldock is much of a "miss". Not like he was banging them in was it?

Lack of quality in depth was always going to be an issue when the injuries inevitably arrived. IIRC when we played Bournemouth last year they had three £3m strikers on the bench.

And I'm not sure that our tactics have helped in recent games. Playing 4-4-2 was serving us very well. Now we appear to have reverted to last season's disastrous "one lone striker isolated up front" formation, and our results are going the same way. You can't play Hemed as your isolated lone striker and whilst Bobby can do the job (but probably not for more than an hour) it's pointless if you don't have at least one midfielder playing close to him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the LB position is our biggest worry. If we are playing our second choice right back as our third choice left back, how crap has Chicksen got to be and WTF is he still doing at the club?

Not sure Baldock is much of a "miss". Not like he was banging them in was it?

Lack of quality in depth was always going to be an issue when the injuries inevitably arrived. IIRC when we played Bournemouth last year they had three £3m strikers on the bench.

And I'm not sure that our tactics have helped in recent games. Playing 4-4-2 was serving us very well. Now we appear to have reverted to last season's disastrous "one lone striker isolated up front" formation, and our results are going the same way. You can't play Hemed as your isolated lone striker and whilst Bobby can do the job (but probably not for more than an hour) it's pointless if you don't have at least one midfielder playing close to him.

I think I'm right in saying that Ipswich was the only game we've not started with 2 strikers in the last 6 :shrug:

Baldock is a miss, because while we had no prolific scorer, we were scoring from all various positions. This was a lot down to movement, and success of our passing unlocking space. We've had a fair few tap ins where we have worked positions so well. Baldock has been missed because he dropped off a defender, and also ghosted in behind them, unfortunately not prolific himself, but I think we've missed some of his guile in our front line.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think I'm right in saying that Ipswich was the only game we've not started with 2 strikers in the last 6 :shrug:

Baldock is a miss, because while we had no prolific scorer, we were scoring from all various positions. This was a lot down to movement, and success of our passing unlocking space. We've had a fair few tap ins where we have worked positions so well. Baldock has been missed because he dropped off a defender, and also ghosted in behind them, unfortunately not prolific himself, but I think we've missed some of his guile in our front line.

Hey Bold Seagull, three sentences on Baldock and you manage to say nothing, guile, are you sure, ghosting in behind defenders to do what. We havn't missed him, he needs to have a direct impact on the pitch and especially I front of goal, make no error I have wanted him to shine in every game he has played, but truthfully I sometimes doubt if his heart is in it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hey Bold Seagull, three sentences on Baldock and you manage to say nothing, guile, are you sure, ghosting in behind defenders to do what. We havn't missed him, he needs to have a direct impact on the pitch and especially I front of goal, make no error I have wanted him to shine in every game he has played, but truthfully I sometimes doubt if his heart is in it.

Well, you certainly seem to have all the answers...Christ knows how we have 44pts...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here