Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our scouting network.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the club are also sent reports from Albion fans and freelance scouts/talent spotters around the country (and overseas) on players they have seen locally and could do a job. For instance last season they followed up a tip off by sending a scout to a Grimsby Town match to evaluate one of their youngsters but nothing became of it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Lets be honest, their scouting stowed for their youth has been brilliant in eecet years in comparison to ours. Holloway is definitely covering his own ass!

The tide is starting to turn with the academy becoming operational next summer. 18 year old Jesse Starkey has signed a 2 year deal after we developed him as a youth player who then signed for the Chelsea Academy and we've lured him back.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
A few years back in the Withdean days I was running a kids side and we played against a young keeper who was outstanding . I rang the club about him and they asked who he was and who he played for and then went to watch him and signed him on a youth contract( or whatever they were in those days )

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Henry and fabregas suggest not.

arsenal have an absolutely brilliant scouting network
I guess with my flippant comment I'm confusing scouting with buying but still where those lines blur, Arsenal haven't exactly covered themselves in glory recently.

I struggle to see how 'finding' prolific Barca academy captain, and Juve's winger, can count as great scouting.
Not when I can point to Chamack, Bendtner, the Brazilian fella, Djourou and so on.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For a lower league name we should be looking at, I would recommend Callum Wilson at Coventry. He won't be there long, and it will come down to who gets him first. Young, pacy, eye for goal - destined for Championship at least.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
One of our most senior scouts is the one that spotted Zaha for Palace too..

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would just like to point out that Coventry's Callum Wilson, my first scouting report on here, has now made it eight goals in seven games this season today (and the match isn't over). That is all. This deadline saw the chance for someone to save themselves a lot of money disappear.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The tide is starting to turn with the academy becoming operational next summer. 18 year old Jesse Starkey has signed a 2 year deal after we developed him as a youth player who then signed for the Chelsea Academy and we've lured him back.

Jesse was never at Brighton. He started off at Portsmouth at 8, (got scouted in a tournament, he was playing for Withdean Youth at the time), then went to Chelsea when he was about 12.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here