Our run in v everybody else.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
in the championship anyone can beat anyone.

our final position depends on the form of the likes of Orlandi, Stephens, and Buckley......the rest are solid, but these positions need creative form consistently.

Think you're right. But would probably add Lingard and KLL to that list. And those five need to start scoring goals, ideally one of those five scoring in every game. Apart from Crofts, our goalscoring from the wide positions and the more advanced central midfield is dire.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Didn't see that coming or Forest dropping points ... if this keeps up we might not even to rely on a last day win!

Can't delete the wrong one - top one has QPR/Derby wrong way round ???

Attachments

• 140315 Footie.png
    140315 Footie.png
    192.4 KB · Views: 637
  • 140315 Footie.png
    140315 Footie.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Derby v Forest next Saturday.

More lovely dropped points.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Following tonight's surprise results, I've downgraded our result at Hillborough to a draw. I now have Reading pipping QPR in goal difference for the final playoff place.

Fixture 18-3-14 v2.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Finishing 3rd is not out of the question, but for once we have to make our game in hand actually count.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In a league that anybody can beat anybody on any given day I don't understand how the teams near the top of the league are just expected to win.
What needs to be factored in to these predictions is

Playing against teams fighting against relegation (never easy)
Struggling with the pressure of the situation
Struggling with injuries & suspensions
Dodgy referee decisions

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In a league that anybody can beat anybody on any given day I don't understand how the teams near the top of the league are just expected to win.
What needs to be factored in to these predictions is

Playing against teams fighting against relegation (never easy)
Struggling with the pressure of the situation
Struggling with injuries & suspensions
Dodgy referee decisions
I don't buy this, at all.

All matches are capable of an anomaly, without it competitive sport wouldn't exist.

But teams at the top that have only lost 8 games, all season, are expected to win (not lose) against teams that have only won 8 games.
If they aren't able to consistently do that then something is either wrong with their original league position.
Or something is rotten within the team.

Your 4 reasons go to explain the odd draw or loss, but not 7 on the spin.

In the same way Wigan's 7 straight victories was an anomaly.
Unless the 7 straight in question happen to be the last 7 games of the season.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If we go by the last 3 seasons, then a team is going to have to win at least 19/20 games to be in with a shout.
Looking at the table I would say maybe 21/22 this season would get you a playoff.
Derby and QPR would only need to win 4 out of their last 10 Games.
Wigan are just powering up the table and looks like they could pick up 5 wins out of 11. Can not see any of these not being able to reach that target.

That really leaves Forest,Reading and us that could take that final spot, that would mean winning 7 of our last 11.
Ipswich and Blackburn would need 8 games which although not impossible, would require one of the teams above them to implode.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If we go by the last 3 seasons, then a team is going to have to win at least 19/20 games to be in with a shout.
Looking at the table I would say maybe 21/22 this season would get you a playoff.
Derby and QPR would only need to win 4 out of their last 10 Games.
Wigan are just powering up the table and looks like they could pick up 5 wins out of 11. Can not see any of these not being able to reach that target.

That really leaves Forest,Reading and us that could take that final spot, that would mean winning 7 of our last 11.
Ipswich and Blackburn would need 8 games which although not impossible, would require one of the teams above them to implode.

But you should take a look at current form tables :

http://weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/form.asp?l=2&season=14&formtype=&gamescount=8

QPR are dropping like a stone, as are Forest.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Form is temporary. QPR only need to win 4 games from 10 and that's not a hard ask of a team like QPR. As for Forest I did say they were in with a chance and in their position you can not write them off

Whilst I don't disagree, QPR have only won 3 of last 10 so not certainties for sure.

As for Forest I'm not writing them off but they are struggling big time, and have some tough away games coming up where I can see them getting zero points in total!

Of all the run ins I think us and Derby have the best .... Would be choked if we didn't make play offs now

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Form is all past tense though and in this division can be found at any time . Just look at last years play offs .

Whilst a good thing to use I guarantee in 4 games time it will be all change and no doubt all change a couple more times before the end .

7 wins needed IMO

Not disagreeing with you but form is more relevant than just looking at the table position based on the previous 36 games. This weekend, a 2-0 win could be good enough for us to move up to 5th.

I'd rather be in our position with our current form than Forest or QPR!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Whilst I don't disagree, QPR have only won 3 of last 10 so not certainties for sure.

As for Forest I'm not writing them off but they are struggling big time, and have some tough away games coming up where I can see them getting zero points in total!

Of all the run ins I think us and Derby have the best .... Would be choked if we didn't make play offs now

I have been a pessimist for quite some time and now we are in with a shout, I still can't quite shake it off. A last day face off at Forest would be a big ask, especially if the home fans are really up for it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd rather be in our position with our current form than Forest or QPR!

Interesting point that one.

Ignoring everything but form and tables , I think i'd still prefer QPR's position as they have the points in the bag. Rather be us than Forest though .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A last day face off at Forest would be a big ask, especially if the home fans are really up for it.

True .. and they wouldn't do us any favours in terms of extra tickets. Right now I've got us going into the last day 4 points ahead of Forest, that being the case it would be a lovely trip! Their game at Derby on Saturday is going to be huge in terms of how this could play out

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Burnley could conceivably lose 5 games before the end of the season. Just saying . . .

I KNOW.

Charlton (a) NEW MANAGER
Doncaster (h)
Leicester (h)
Watford (a)
Barnsley (a)
Middlesbrough (h)
Blackpool (a)
Wigan (h)
Ipswich (h)
Reading (a)

Last edited: