Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our run in v everybody else.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Despite being easier on paper it is always at this stage in FM14 that the wheels completely fall off.

Plus Forest away final game is horrid if we need a win from it!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
in the championship anyone can beat anyone.

our final position depends on the form of the likes of Orlandi, Stephens, and Buckley......the rest are solid, but these positions need creative form consistently.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Last day of the season will be huge IMO. Distinct likelyhood that the result will determine whether us or Forest make the play-offs.Wonder if tickets on sale yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Forest Saturday coincides with my day off.

There's no way I would want to miss the game if it were to become 'winner takes all'.
There's no way I would be 'allowed' to go, without jnr.
There's no way I would take jnr to the game if it were to become 'winner takes all'

Tickets go on sale at the end of March.
Forest had better win or preferably lose all their games between now and then.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With regards to Wigan, the semi final is key for them, lose it, and they could be on a downer for the rest of the season, win and they could be distracted by Wembley, like last year

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really nice table - thanks. You need to embolden "Ipswich" in the Burnley, Forest and Derby columns. :thumbsup:

May I congratulate you on your use of the word "embolden" there. Top stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
in the championship anyone can beat anyone.

our final position depends on the form of the likes of Orlandi, Stephens, and Buckley......the rest are solid, but these positions need creative form consistently.

When you say "form", I think you mean "fitness".

You're welcome :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
These threads are hard work. Lots of people working out all manner of permutations in an effort to relieve the stress, and they NEVER turn out remotely as you'd predict. :lolol:

I'm going to try and put future fixtures out of my mind and hope for the right results in the current week!

Leicester will be promoted before we play them, which could help us.
It could be they need something from our game to go up, which would be annoying.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we could come to a concensus view on each of these games we'd have the NSC forecast for the end of season.

View attachment 51997

We've never won at Hillsbrough and don't do well at Oakwell. I'd love us to take six points of Wednesday & Barnsley but doubt that we will.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Agreed hence the ' around easier.

I rarely look ahead, for that reason, so I was quite struck how our run in would appear to be in our own hands.

If we don't make the play offs, so be it, we weren't good enough, no other excuses needed.

True. But we could use our early season injury list as one!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I was hoping to enjoy a relatively relaxed run in, along the lines of "we've done terribly well to be top 10, all things considered, and we're now going to end up short but that's fine".
As it's turned out, the calculators are out and with 12 games left I'm back in "how many points can we put together, will it all come down to the Forest game, damned hope rising but trying to not get too excited".
Gaaarrrgh.
Wouldn't have it any other way though :lolol:

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Nice table - been looking at it, and on paper, it does look quite good for us. I did the predictions and had us netting 20 points from the remaining games - sneaking a draw at Forest that gave us the sixth spot and not them ! Totally umbiased of course!! Pay offs - 3 Derby 4 QPR 5 Wigan 6 BHA

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stay in touch for the next 7 and we'll have a good chance. But as we know this league is unpredictable to say the least!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was hoping to enjoy a relatively relaxed run in, along the lines of "we've done terribly well to be top 10, all things considered, and we're now going to end up short but that's fine".
As it's turned out, the calculators are out and with 12 games left I'm back in "how many points can we put together, will it all come down to the Forest game, damned hope rising but trying to not get too excited".
Gaaarrrgh.
Wouldn't have it any other way though :lolol:

This. FFS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True. But we could use our early season injury list as one!
It would appear, what with us being 3 points off 5th with a game in hand, we could only use the injury excuse in conjunction with:-

'well we'd have won the division by now, if it weren't for the injury crisis'.

and that's a pretty ballsy statement even for NSC.

As it is 'thanks to the injury crisis we have a lot of healthy players who haven't played much this season'.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Ha! Love all this shit. Keep the tables and predictions coming. Enjoy reading them.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was wondering the other day if the way we play suits us in the latter stages of the season. Teams have to start coming out more to actually win games, this leaves spaces open which we exploit with our passing game. My hope for our matches with those relegation threatened sides is that they will have to play to win rather than try and sit for a point.

God I hope you are right! It is an interesting theory though. Plenty of teams have come to the Amex and set up to play us. We haven't quite had the quality to unlock them a lot of times. End of the season points are at more of a premium. Hopefully we can benefit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Three groupings of the remaining fixtures now.

The 'away-home' phase

Bolton (a)
Ipswich (h)
Wednesday :lolol: (a)
Middlesbrough (h)

The '3 aways' phase

Blackburn (a)
Barnsley (a)
Leicester (a)

The 'Easy run in + Forest' phase

Charlton (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Blackpool (h)
Yeovil (h)
Forest (a)

Need 9 points+ from phase 1, I think.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Three groupings of the remaining fixtures now.

The 'away-home' phase

Bolton (a)
Ipswich (h)
Wednesday :lolol: (a)
Middlesbrough (h)

The '3 aways' phase

Blackburn (a)
Barnsley (a)
Leicester (a)

The 'Easy run in + Forest' phase

Charlton (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Blackpool (h)
Yeovil (h)
Forest (a)

Need 9 points+ from phase 1, I think.

Interesting perspective although Forest is shaping up to be a phase all of it's very own (the mahoosive winner takes all phase maybe)

I'd agree that 9 points is a good target from the next. It's going to be tough but will put us in good spirits for those 3 aways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here