Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our run in v everybody else.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I was wondering the other day if the way we play suits us in the latter stages of the season. Teams have to start coming out more to actually win games, this leaves spaces open which we exploit with our passing game. My hope for our matches with those relegation threatened sides is that they will have to play to win rather than try and sit for a point.

That's a really interesting point, and very probably true. Let's hope we find our passing game again (a la the build up to Leo's goal against QPR), rather than just hoof it up to Leo...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was wondering the other day if the way we play suits us in the latter stages of the season. Teams have to start coming out more to actually win games, this leaves spaces open which we exploit with our passing game. My hope for our matches with those relegation threatened sides is that they will have to play to win rather than try and sit for a point.

I think/hope you might be right. Teams are naturally more cautious earlier in the season whereas they HAVE to go for it when promotion/relegation looms. Could play right into our hands. Argh you've got me excited now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Wigan's final THREE games will be against teams who all have nothing to play for. Worrying.

Truthfully my suspicion is Wigan will be out of sight regardless. For me it's us, Forest, Reading and Ipswich for the final spot. I'd love it if we could drag QPR into it but they'd have to really muck up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Probably worth including Leicester's final day game

Fixtures v3.png

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I said when the fixtures came out that forest away could be a big big game and I still think that. I would rather it didn't come down to the last game but it looks likely unless we go on a run like lay year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Last day could be nerve wracking. Reading v Burnley and us at Forest. I would guess Burnley could already by secure in 2nd, with no chance of overtaking Leicester, so they will be having a promotion party, bu could that let Reading in, or will Burnley want to finish in style.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've run a few predictions through my spreadsheet - and came out with this

Table.png

Clearly madness...

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
fixtures - home is green, away in red, games versus contenders in bold

View attachment 51983
Thank you that's what I was after, sadly it's not as brutal for the others as I'd hoped.

I'd still not swap our run in, but most seem to only have 2 or 3 'difficult' games instead of the 3 or 4 I was hoping.

Ipswich's season could end before April, but if it does our season gets harder.

Gotta love the Championship, why would anyone other Tony want to get promoted to the Predictaship.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I think/hope you might be right. Teams are naturally more cautious earlier in the season whereas they HAVE to go for it when promotion/relegation looms. Could play right into our hands. Argh you've got me excited now.

I wasn't sure and I'm still not if my thinking was guided more by hope or logic. March has generally been a good month for us in recent years hasn't it? Certainly was in the League One Champions year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't sure and I'm still not if my thinking was guided more by hope or logic. March has generally been a good month for us in recent years hasn't it? Certainly was in the League One Champions year.
Not for the first time in my 35 years of supporterdom, we're a team that plays well with the sun on it's back.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we could come to a concensus view on each of these games we'd have the NSC forecast for the end of season.

Fixtures v7.png

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's the usual mental Championship season where everyone is beating everyone else (apart from Leicester, Burnley and Barnsley). If we win most of our home games we'll make the play offs. Then it's all about the teams who are hard to beat HELLO!!

We've only got five left, as against seven away.
Wigan have eight left at home.
Derby have only four at home, and seven away

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I think you're right. Does anyone have any stats on the number of draws versus outright results (wins/losses) according to different stages of the season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here