Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Premier League debut awaits - But where would you start?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Only a fool would get rid of Greer, he is an ageing defender who will always put in a decent shift when asked he is ideal to be kept as a squad player if you don't feel he is up for a first team spot but not shown the door!

This, look at Carragher, at 34 he is still twice the player of any other Liverpool CBs

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Threads like this make me cringe.

Players like Crofts, Hammond, Barnes are usually the ones to get marginalised in these discussions but we saw on Tuesday that continental flair won't always get you past a stubborn Championship defence.

Any one of those three players might have an important role to play before the season is done. Imagine if Hammond scored the winner at Wembley vs Palace but was then not re-signed by Poyet over the summer?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am defo a fool then, Greer is two bob at this level let alone Prem!

Greer is quite good when his job doesn't involve running fast. On Tuesday night he was being left for dead by a Charlton player in the second half and could only stop him by committing a yellow card worthy foul. Gus knows his worth to his team so I'll go with his judgement although I think Greer is too slow for the PL-which we are nowhere near just yet.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Virgil Van Dijk would be near the top my shopping list.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
So you've never daydreamt about what you'd do with lottery winnings?

"No point, I have to win it first".

Cant say that I have, I wish I had time to sit and dream about potential lottery winnings??
If you want to go through life draming of things you dont have then good luck to you! Personaly im more of a realist!

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
I would say it takes me literally 2 seconds to see a nice house and thing "I'd love to be able to afford that".

How do you find time to write on here?

I think you missed the point.... I have far more important things in life to worry about then dream about things I dont have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here