Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Performances need to improve...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was terrible defending by Leeds, they gifted us the goal and the game in that moment. Not good quality etc just poor by Leeds

The point you're missing is that we NEVER seem to play as badly as they did. We are just so far ahead of 4th placed Leeds in terms of quality and consistency.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The point you're missing is that we NEVER seem to play as badly as they did. We are just so far ahead of 4th placed Leeds in terms of quality and consistency.
It is a point that so many teams have defended terribly against us, and gifted us goals this season. I wonder why that keeps on happening............

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

When they went down to 10 and gave us the Penalty the game was over. I thought they were better than us for 20-30 mins after the first goal tbh. Our defence is quality but going forward we looked devoid of ideas as we have in the past few games

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That was terrible defending by Leeds, they gifted us the goal and the game in that moment. Not good quality etc just poor by Leeds

You're not seeming to grasp the concept that we weren't gifted a goal, we were denied a goal at that moment because a player used his arm to keep it out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought we played better than we have for a while, particularly in the first half. We seemed far hungrier and the passing was crisper.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Most teams won't gift us 2 penalties and have a man sent off before 30 minutes

Ok so maybe I am missing something. We have kept the most clean sheets in the whole of the football league, we are top of the table, we have the second highest goal scorer in the Championship, oh and did I mention we are top of the table? What's a matter with you. Celebrate the good things, every week can't be a Norwich!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was a decent performance without a cutting edge I thought but didn't need to break sweat as games coming thick and fast

Is correct. Very good first half - bit slow second - but dominated from minute 1 and didn't need to find the extra 2 gears we had available. Reminded me of Bristol C away. Let's not forget Leeds had won their last 5/6 and 3 away games. We made them look shit.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think you're making a bit of a fool of yourself now. If I were you I'd quit while you're not winning............

Seeing as your initial post made zero sense, I'd quit making excuses

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Stockdale had a 'mare of a game, we need to get rid in January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You're not seeming to grasp the concept that we weren't gifted a goal, we were denied a goal at that moment because a player used his arm to keep it out.

No, he clearly hasn't. The BBC pundits seem to have a more sensible view:

"The hosts dominated but only made sure of victory through Tomer Hemed's late penalty after Lewis Dunk was fouled. Leeds had no shots on target, rarely troubling the division's best defence."

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Most teams won't gift us 2 penalties and have a man sent off before 30 minutes

But when they don't we seem perfectly capable of adapting, playing a different game & still coming away with points, as Hughton & the boys have proven again & again this season

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
FFS we play we win....

Job done, get a grip.

20 games in we are top of a league people thought Newcastle, Norwich and Villa would be battling it out between....

Christ on a bike, if we are so called "not playing to our full potential" and are still top of the league.....

What does that tell you ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We didn't need to 'rip them apart'. We struggled to keep the ball against 10 men for long periods, that is not acceptable

Are you Ben's great grandad?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I actually agree with the OP. We've been far from our best the past 3-4 weeks.

Sign of a good side grinding out results when not at our best but improvement required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here