Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our penalty / our non-penalty

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The one we were given looked very, very soft. I was convinced it would be VARed out.

Then, later in the game, Pedro did seem to be absolutely wiped out in the box - looked to be a certain penalty, but it wasn't given. We scored the third seconds later, so it may have been subsequently given by a VAR review - who knows.

Just me?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well yes. I've not seen any replays, but in real time, it looked like one penalty should have been given today, and it wasn't the two that were

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah just you.

From my new position, in the North, the actual penalty was a stonewall forearm to the head.

I can't fully place the non penalty but that in itself says it all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well yes. I've not seen any replays, but in real time, it looked like one penalty should have been given today, and it wasn't the two that were
This. David Coutts is a useless ref though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The one we were given looked very, very soft. I was convinced it would be VARed out.

Then, later in the game, Pedro did seem to be absolutely wiped out in the box - looked to be a certain penalty, but it wasn't given. We scored the third seconds later, so it may have been subsequently given by a VAR review - who knows.

Just me?
100% with you in WSU. Soft pen and he dived into it and got contact (our second). Theirs - wanna see it again but soft as f*** considering it was on the corner of the box and match thread suggests it was harsh. 3rd one - stonewall and had Adingra not scored I’d have expected a clear VAR. Ref was pretty shit. Made a rod for own back in 6th min - wasn’t sure on giving a free kick then gave Pervs an unwarranted yellow. Lost it from there onwards as there were prob 15 or so yellows to give if Pervs one was. Poor.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We sit in WSL near enough in line with the 2 incidents. Everyone around us was convinced that the decision would be overturned for the first. Also general consensus that 2nd was stonewall if Adingra hadn’t capitalised on the defensive cock up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Just me?
No - agree 100%. I didn’t get a good look at the Welbeck one earlier, but think that would have been soft as well.

The first one from West middle looked very soft.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The one we got was soft but definitely a clash of knees and then an arm across so enough for it not to have been overturned as a clear and obvious error. I think if it hadn't been given I don't think VAR would have overruled that either, one of those.

Second one looked a great tackle on the TV

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
100% with you in WSU. Soft pen and he dived into it and got contact (our second). Theirs - wanna see it again but soft as f*** considering it was on the corner of the box and match thread suggests it was harsh. 3rd one - stonewall and had Adingra not scored I’d have expected a clear VAR. Ref was pretty shit. Made a rod for own back in 6th min - wasn’t sure on giving a free kick then gave Pervs an unwarranted yellow. Lost it from there onwards as there were prob 15 or so yellows to give if Pervs one was. Poor.
Player ran past Pervs then took a dive, ref fell for it. Two footed lunge on Milner and not even booked?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen it back.

1) Pedros wasn’t as big a dive / con as it looked - he did get an elbow in head - soft pen but can see why wasn’t overturned

2) Dunks - utterly mental - humans have arms. Shocking decision that thankfully didn’t cost us.

3) Second one on Pedro - same angle I saw it in real time - still looks a pen - may have got a bit of ball but seems to have gone through the back of him.

4) Sidenote but Adringa was there to tap in Evans goal - great hunger and runs from both.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
From the East the Wellbeck one looked more like a penalty.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Second one looked a stonewaller from nearby in WSL

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here