Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our passing today...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
We have clearly been coached to “pass, pass, pass” which is nice to watch - except when surrounded by opponents in our own penalty area...!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some of Stephens' through balls were exquisite I thought.

Totally agree. He played a lovely ball to Ryan in the first half. And that pass back to Duffy in the second was sublime; best I have seen from him. I guess having 3 centre backs gives him more options.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every time this thread pop up I momentarily think 'Christ -we're dead? ??? :eek:'

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Totally agree. He played a lovely ball to Ryan in the first half. And that pass back to Duffy in the second was sublime; best I have seen from him. I guess having 3 centre backs gives him more options.

You really can't see beyond your own bias can you. Stephens has an excellent match and all you can do is mock with silly jibes about back passing instead of showing you were really watching the game. Trying to reinforce the statistically inaccurate stereotype that he only passes backwards is so last season.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
A loss, be it with everything to still believe, is a loss, and it will bring out the trolls. Thought, considering 2/3rds of a game with 10 men, our positiveness shone through. Passing was accurate and crisp and we didn't revert to 4-4-1 when idiot was sent off. I am enjoying the football so far, but boy is it so frustrating when daylight robbery from that other south coast club is committed on our patch.

Saints fans (to their credit) have commented quite a bit about this on their forum

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here