Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The last two Tory leaders didn't come top of the MP's ballot, so May is not a shoe in for this yet.

The electorate in general have done some very strange things recently, and an electorate made up exclusively of rabid Tories could elect absolutely anything or anyone.

you might want to think about the demographic and the proper name for the party. they arent likely to go for inexperienced at this time, they'll plump for the safer option.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Gove has PROVED that he who WIELDS the knife is NEVER the one, Heseltine would have told him that. It doesn't matter who they chose, either of them is heading for a sound beating at the next election

As Bozza declared earlier - you seem to have walked in on a reasonably serious conversation about politics. Do you need help finding your way out?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
13592761_10154393559038783_7396191998927695945_n.jpg

Yes Yes(might need some rum)
No Yes

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Be good to have a woman as pm. Been a while. Who would have said a year ago that US, UK and Germany would have 3 ladies at the helm?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know this is serious, we want the best leader, and shouldn't be thinking about looks, but seriously?

blakey-on-the-buses.png

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As Bozza declared earlier - you seem to have walked in on a reasonably serious conversation about politics. Do you need help finding your way out?

You really don't want to take any notice of anything Bozza says when it comes to politics, people are allowed their opinions or post light hearted quips if they want to, at least his wrist has had time to heal since Dave chickened out and packed it all in.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Worrying that any of our candidates if elected would have to stand up to Putin and possibly Trump

As a non-Tory, I think May could stand up to just about anyone.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Interesting to note that the Tories are set to elect their second female leader and all done under a free vote and without the assistance of women-only shortlists to get those candidates in that position. Despite having a quota system since 1993, Labour are still yet to elect a female as leader* and probably won't for the next few years let alone have a female PM.

*Neither Beckett nor Harman were elected leader and both only held the role in the interim.

What will be really interesting will be to see just how dedicated the left-wingers are now to feminism when they insult Leadsom or May. Will they resort to sexist, gender-specific insults as many did to Thatcher?

Thank goodness neither of them is Jewish. Imagine what the abuse would have been like from the Labour side?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As much as I loathe Gove, and his machinations recently and record at Education minister were appalling, his policies were probably the most progressive of the three on offer.

Leadsome is scary, a bible reader in Parliament whose every value is driven by her religious beliefs.

She doesn't however believe that two people who love each other should have that love recognised by the state in the form of marriage, if they happen to be of the same gender, or even people such as myself, who have no religious belief.

I would have preferred....marriage to have a remained a Christian service for men and women who wanted to commit in the eyes of God

Having said that, I could never bring myself to vote for Gove.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't do which of the two I like most, so it has to be which do I dislike least (not that I have a vote!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here