Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our lord Pascal gross

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To think of the posters that were shipping him out 2 years ago as past it or not good enough. Crazy.

For the rest of us, it's been an absolute joy and privilege to have a player of this quality, pedigree and intelligence racking up over 200 appearances for the Albion. We've been a perfect fit we've been for each other.

Can you play as a no.10, out wide, holding midfielder, right back, wing back......whatever you need, he can do it. Been exceptional under 3 different Brighton managers, rarely injured for long, and at our zenith in this league so far, still one of our best players.

He will still only be 32 in June, given he has never relied on pace, with experience, he's arguably getting better. Can see him approaching the 300 appearances mark with us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I spent a brief time in the "get rid" camp but I was clearly, evidently, out of my f**king mind.

He's comfortably our best signing of the PL era.
If you'd stayed strong you could now be Gloaty McGloatface like me and @Bold Seagull

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you'd stayed strong you could now be Gloaty McGloatface like me and @Bold Seagull
Add me to that. I was absolutely delighted when he extended his contract last year, as it looked for all the world he was off back to Germany. Been so consistent since joining.

I’m feeling exactly the same about Veltman right now - desperately hoping we take our year option as a minimum, but hopefully a nice new three year deal. As it stands he’s going on June 30th.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Played golf at West Hove last week with Pascal’s father in law Klaus. Really lovely guy

110A5567-CE04-42E0-8CD5-1FFFE7D93FF6.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big shout out to Pascal for anticipating Trossard's round the corner pass f*CK up to assist Undav's goal 👍👍
Yet again we play a team who can't fanny around at the back, while we watch on pooping ourselves shouting 'just kick it, Steele'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pascal's goal against Southampton not only made him our joint highest EPL goalscorer, but also moved him above Sane to sit on his own in fifth on this list of the highest scoring German players ever in the EPL: https://www.myfootballfacts.com/pre...-league/top-german-scorers-in-premier-league/ *

He needs four more to overtake Rosler and Klinsmann to go third. Of this list only Gross, Undav, Volz, Schnoor and Janelt haven't been capped. (Rosler played for East Germany). Flick was rumoured to be close to selecting Janelt earlier this season, but there's little noise about making Pascal's dream come true. As our never ceasing belly aching about Dunky being overlooked has finally paid off, is it about time we switched and started a 'never too late' campaign to get our best value signing ever capped by his national side? Come on Hansi, are you Palace or what?

* - Their statistics were correct to 13 May, but, in the last five games of the season, Deniz Undav scored another three and is now on the shoulder of Mertesacker and Babbel after only 617 minutes of EPL football. His goals per minute ratio is currently the best on this list - Better than Klinsmann's.

Dec 29, 2011
Pascal's goal against Southampton not only made him our joint highest EPL goalscorer, but also moved him above Sane to sit on his own in fifth on this list of the highest scoring German players ever in the EPL: https://www.myfootballfacts.com/pre...-league/top-german-scorers-in-premier-league/ *

He needs four more to overtake Rosler and Klinsmann to go third. Of this list only Gross, Undav, Volz, Schnoor and Janelt haven't been capped. (Rosler played for East Germany). Flick was rumoured to be close to selecting Janelt earlier this season, but there's little noise about making Pascal's dream come true. As our never ceasing belly aching about Dunky being overlooked has finally paid off, is it about time we switched and started a 'never too late' campaign to get our best value signing ever capped by his national side? Come on Hansi, are you Palace or what?

* - Their statistics were correct to 13 May, but, in the last five games of the season, Deniz Undav scored another three and is now on the shoulder of Mertesacker and Babbel after only 617 minutes of EPL football. His goals per minute ratio is currently the best on this list - Better than Klinsmann's.
Surprisingly few decent Germans have played in the Premier League. But then again why would they when they can stay at home and play at the highest level too? I wonder how many Englishmen have played in Germany and what their goalscoring record is like in comparison.

It seems the most famous is Owen Hargreaves, and before 2017 there wasn't too many Englishman making the move to Germany at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surprisingly few decent Germans have played in the Premier League. But then again why would they when they can stay at home and play at the highest level too? I wonder how many Englishmen have played in Germany and what their goalscoring record is like in comparison.

It seems the most famous is Owen Hargreaves, and before 2017 there wasn't too many Englishman making the move to Germany at all.
I'd say the most famous was Keegan. He was the biggest name in English football at the time and his going to Hamburg was major news.

Tony Woodcock was pretty well-known too.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

£88m Jude Bellingham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here