But still some very good deals :wink:

And the year before that wasn't bad

Caicedo €28
Moder €11
Zequiri €4
Karbownik €4
Van Hecke €2
Veltman €1

That is some f***ing OUTRAGEOUS business over 4 years and we seem to be getting better at this transfer malarkey :lolol:

£3 million for Van Hecke and Veltman is almost criminal.

Van Hecke must be worth 30 plus million alone

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
From what I have read I don't think there are fees for Fati, we are paying 80% of his salary which is something like 12m although I have seen it as "low" as 9m. Regarding bargains, I think Mitoma at 3m is just brilliant
Oh Mitoma is a steal.

huzzah

Sep 8, 2023
Oh Mitoma is a steal.
I was having this conversation with random strangers before the Ajax game:
which of these 3 is the best value:
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

(the question is not who is our most legendary premier player, or who is the most exciting and coveted winger in the premier league, or who is the master of the dark arts and won the most epic of battles with the SEGW ... but at those low low prices, who represents the greatest bargain)

it feels obvious, at least more so than after the alcohol levels we were at when we were having this conversation ... but not at the same time.

something to bare in mind is the feelings you get when you see how much an item is marked down or when you have a successful haggle. I read somewhere that Ajax valued Veltman in the mid 20M's, but because of some loyalty clause in his contract we got him for 0.9M.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

(the question is not who is our most legendary premier player, or who is the most exciting and coveted winger in the premier league, or who is the master of the dark arts and won the most epic of battles with the SEGW ... but at those low low prices, who represents the greatest bargain)

it feels obvious, at least more so than after the alcohol levels we were at when we were having this conversation ... but not at the same time.

something to bare in mind is the feelings you get when you see how much an item is marked down or when you have a successful haggle. I read somewhere that Ajax valued Veltman in the mid 20M's, but because of some loyalty clause in his contract we got him for 0.9M.
On that criteria it has to be Veltman. Signing a player who had just played in the Champions League semi finals, had won 3 League titles, a Europa League runners up medal and was part of the Dutch squad that finished 3rd at the 2014 World Cup for less than a million is pretty much unheard of.

Gross had great stats, especially that last season at Ingolstadt but had spent most of his career in the German second tier. Mitoma was a signing based on potential and because of his decision to complete his university degree before taking up his football career was still very inexperienced. So neither come close to matching the bargain that was Joel Veltman, and that isn’t taking away from what both Gross and Mitoma have gone on to achieve here.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

Pascal, easily in my mind.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

I think in terms of what they have done at the club it has to be Gross.
If you ask the question at the time that joined it would be Veltman.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

Difficult to decide really - but the fact a single club did all three deals is the most remarkable bit…….

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
On that criteria it has to be Veltman. Signing a player who had just played in the Champions League semi finals, had won 3 League titles, a Europa League runners up medal and was part of the Dutch squad that finished 3rd at the 2014 World Cup for less than a million is pretty much unheard of.

Gross had great stats, especially that last season at Ingolstadt but had spent most of his career in the German second tier. Mitoma was a signing based on potential and because of his decision to complete his university degree before taking up his football career was still very inexperienced. So neither come close to matching the bargain that was Joel Veltman, and that isn’t taking away from what both Gross and Mitoma have gone on to achieve here.
If you consider their contribution to the club it is, and will always be, Pascal. I cannot believe that we will ever sign a player for such a fee who will contribute as much as he has.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

Is Veltman the only successful signing we have ever made from the Eredivisie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here