But still some very good deals :wink:

And the year before that wasn't bad

Caicedo €28
Moder €11
Zequiri €4
Karbownik €4
Van Hecke €2
Veltman €1

That is some f***ing OUTRAGEOUS business over 4 years and we seem to be getting better at this transfer malarkey :lolol:
Your first list wasn't that bad really.

Mwepu - just a really unfortunate event. He was definitely a player worth the fee.
Cucurella - resulted in a 45m profit in 12 months.
Kozlowski - yeah, I don't think we'll get much of the money back.
Sima - Will be worth in the 20m region assuming his current season form continues.
Undav - Wasn't he our top goals-per-minute player last year once his off-field issues were behind him? He's certianly good value for £6m judging by his record this year.
Scherpen - I have no idea about his keeping ability other than he's huge and is about 5th in the pecking order with BHA, so probably be writing off most of his value??
Mitoma - Probably the best winger we've ever had

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was having this conversation with random strangers before the Ajax game:
which of these 3 is the best value:
Gross 3M
Mitoma 2.7M
Veltman 0.9M

(the question is not who is our most legendary premier player, or who is the most exciting and coveted winger in the premier league, or who is the master of the dark arts and won the most epic of battles with the SEGW ... but at those low low prices, who represents the greatest bargain)

it feels obvious, at least more so than after the alcohol levels we were at when we were having this conversation ... but not at the same time.

something to bare in mind is the feelings you get when you see how much an item is marked down or when you have a successful haggle. I read somewhere that Ajax valued Veltman in the mid 20M's, but because of some loyalty clause in his contract we got him for 0.9M.

I think in terms of what they have done at the club it has to be Gross.
If you ask the question at the time that joined it would be Veltman.
And financially I would say Mitoma - because he'll be the one with the greatest potential profit.

So, it's all three of them in one way or another!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
And financially I would say Mitoma - because he'll be the one with the greatest potential profit.

So, it's all three of them in one way or another!
Now we need to move to the next step and keep out best players Persuade them to stay and that they can win Trophies with us.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I read somewhere that Ajax valued Veltman in the mid 20M's, but because of some loyalty clause in his contract we got him for 0.9M.
This makes sense of it. As we are all aware in this day and age under a mil for a player able to step straight into the PL is pretty much a free transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here