Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our greatest performance ever

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure, could have been a goal behind at half time. 2nd half was great though.

Its allways the case as we saw last week, that the team desperate to score leaves themselves exposed for a counter attack.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Fair enough, I'm personally at a loss as to what there is to be annoyed about there but all good .
I’m fine thanks. I thought following a performance of that magnitude, any team could rightly deserve at least one pat on the back in the opening 15 paragraphs of report by our national broadcaster. But I’m all good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Actually didn’t feel that right for large parts today - certainly the first half. Def felt like what it was - an injury ridden squad with a team with certain players playing out of position… Second half was much more us. Wouldn’t even make my top 5 performances this season though. Am I mad?!

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
And the last 34 were.....? ???

Season buffing and polishing :cool:
1684088488284.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I only started watching after about 40 mins - we were hanging on at the end of the first half (which is understandable) and in the second half I was too busy dying inside to either enjoy it properly, or objectively. But I didn't notice us being particularly brilliant. The result, yes definitely - but was the performance really one of our best?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Need two wins to be guaranteed European football. Don't care where they come from!
Two would guarantee but I suspect Tottenham and villa will lose a game each.

Would be incredible to go into the Saint game knowing a win would guarantee 6th.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I think we played equally well away at Tottenham Hotspur. Can't think how we lost that one...

Oh...
Arsenal had only lost 4 games prior to today
Spurs have lost 13!
Considering today's opposition
I think that 2nd half takes some beating

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
At least 3 almost impossible to decide between greatest ever performances in the same season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
BBC reporting once again dredging the depths of hopelessness and bias.

A simply epic performance by a smaller club against one the champions-elect. On their home turf, by three goals.

And yet, Neil Johnston fails to even ONCE to pay tribute to the Albion’s breathtaking performance, instead focusing his entire report on Arsenal’s misery and failing.

Just how much longer must we endure this dross from the BBC? He is hardly a lone wolf when it comes to dismissing the credibility and achievement of our club.

Ignorance, stupidity or big club blinkers? Anyone??!
This report, do you mean?

'This was another statement win in what looks like being a history-defining season for Brighton, who bounced back from a crushing 5-1 home defeat by Everton to produce one of their best performances of the season.

They were at their clinical best
as Arsenal were beaten at the Emirates for only the second time in the league.

Roberto De Zerbi has called on his players to "write club history" by qualifying for Europe for the first time.

Two wins from the last four games - Newcastle (away), Southampton (home), Manchester City (home), Aston Villa (away) - will be enough to see the Seagulls confirm their place in next season's Europa League.

Against Arsenal, Brighton were at their attacking best, registering six chances on target and scoring from half of them.

As Arsenal's players looked desolate at the final whistle, Brighton's triumphantly marched over to where their travelling fans were gathered to show their appreciation.

This incredible season for the Seagulls, which has included an FA Cup semi-final and league doubles over Manchester United and Chelsea, is far from over.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
BBC reporting once again dredging the depths of hopelessness and bias.

A simply epic performance by a smaller club against one the champions-elect. On their home turf, by three goals.

And yet, Neil Johnston fails to even ONCE to pay tribute to the Albion’s breathtaking performance, instead focusing his entire report on Arsenal’s misery and failing.

Just how much longer must we endure this dross from the BBC? He is hardly a lone wolf when it comes to dismissing the credibility and achievement of our club.

Ignorance, stupidity or big club blinkers? Anyone??!
It’s not worth worrying about. People who follow the Premier League - and that’s most of the world - know what happened. Don’t matter if the BBC missed it….. There is a better story to report today……

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
This report, do you mean?

'This was another statement win in what looks like being a history-defining season for Brighton, who bounced back from a crushing 5-1 home defeat by Everton to produce one of their best performances of the season.

They were at their clinical best
as Arsenal were beaten at the Emirates for only the second time in the league.

Roberto De Zerbi has called on his players to "write club history" by qualifying for Europe for the first time.

Two wins from the last four games - Newcastle (away), Southampton (home), Manchester City (home), Aston Villa (away) - will be enough to see the Seagulls confirm their place in next season's Europa League.

Against Arsenal, Brighton were at their attacking best, registering six chances on target and scoring from half of them.

As Arsenal's players looked desolate at the final whistle, Brighton's triumphantly marched over to where their travelling fans were gathered to show their appreciation.

This incredible season for the Seagulls, which has included an FA Cup semi-final and league doubles over Manchester United and Chelsea, is far from over.
Oh I just can’t be bothered to go through this again….because you have simply ignored everything I said about that being at additional comment to the original match report and are clearly just spoiling for a row so I’m signing off. Adios and good riddance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here