Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our greatest performance ever

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Liverpool 3-0

Absolutely this. The highlights don't do it justice. That game was total domination from start to finish. Yesterday Arsenal had the better of us for the first 15 minutes, against Liverpool it was 90+ minutes of solid Brighton dominance imo.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It was a great performance but I feel we'll have to up our game agaisnt Newcastle. If Trossards shot hadn't clipped the bar and Saka's hadn't whizzed past the goal it couldhave been a result where our domination didn't yield the points.

Thursday is BIG but yesterday's result means there's less pressure on us to beat Newcastle

Last edited:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I actually thought Arsenal were the slightly better team first half in the ground but the home crowd noise may have influenced that. In terms of overall performance, the Liverpool game at home and even Chelsea 4-1 felt better in terms of totally smashing the opposition over 90 mins. In fact the Chelsea game is possibly my most enjoyable Albion experience ever in 40 years of attending games.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
On reflection I think I should have put….

Best ever result

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
First half we were perhaps a little fortunate, albeit I think we still had the best chance (Enciso, over the bar). Second half we were fab.
Yesterday's performance (imho) was made all the more notable as it came just 6 days after a devastating 5-1 home defeat. The mental fortitude to come back from that was immense. For that reason it needs to be somewhere near the top of the list.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think it's our best ever result in the premier league, to go away to a team challenging for the title and not only win but outplay them is head and shoulders above any other result we've got in the premier league.

Performance? Well, we've been more dominant, but against sides that just weren't as good. We've played Liverpool and Chelsea of the park this year, but they were each in the midst of a really shit run of results and performances. So you have to say, to get that greatest result, without it being a 1-0 smash and grab, must have required our greatest performance.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Best result of the season, not best performance.

Liverpool 3-0 was a better performance in my eyes.
If we're going for big wins with total dominance, then the Wolves 6-0 or Grimsby 5-0 were better performances again than the Liverpool win. But I think the quality, form and motivation of the opposition matters, so I would hand the greatest performance to Sunday's 3-0 at Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here