Our Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Very enjoyable 0-0 thought the fans were great tonight. Rarely had a low point and for right behind the team. Then people giving Rob green abuse in the second half were very immature but pretty funny.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought it was slightly more 'together' at Reading but have to allow for the sh1t views for some and cr@p access etc. Only '-' point was the Rob Green chants. Great stuff though, once more putting home fans to shame.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Are you sure they dont just have mic in front of the Brighton fans?
Not arguing our travelling support wasn't good but if you switch over to qpr feed the Brighton lot got quieter.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Are you sure they dont just have mic in front of the Brighton fans?
Not arguing our travelling support wasn't good but if you switch over to qpr feed the Brighton lot got quieter.
Same on London radio according to them it was all QPR and you couldn't here a peep.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Why were some fans singing 'We pay your benefits'?

Was it supposed to be tongue in cheek?

Ah. One particularly vociferous oik in their crowd took to trying to bait us. He looked shabbily dressed, Mohican haircut and as if he would find it hard to hold down a job. The away fans responded with an easy chant.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought the fans were good. We were behind the goal and it did seem unco-ordinated compared to Reading. QPR fans were appalling.....

Mulderbauer

Feb 23, 2009
I was in the QPR stand (Nice bunch they were too! They all knew we were Brighton and just had some friendly banter) underneath our supporters and we could hardly hear you guys however stepping out of the ground afterwards you were deafening!! Always amazes me the acoustics of a stadium.

Great performance, the team just looks fitter. Just hope Oscar attacks at home on Sat and puts out Conway (excellent signing) and Kaz/Buckley from the start, if we win I think it will be a defining moment in our season.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
My Pal sits in the loft at QPR behind the goal and he said it's always the same with the acoustics at loftus rd. You can't hear the opposition fans and they can't hear you!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Pal sits in the loft at QPR behind the goal and he said it's always the same with the acoustics at loftus rd. You can't hear the opposition fans and they can't hear you!
The radio microphones couldn't hear the home fans, either.

I am a rare away supporter but I went last night. Good support in the ground but some of our supporters are tw@ts. Why oh why is there always people who can't hold their drink wanting to fight each other on the train. Happened again last night :facepalm:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Pretty ashamed to be a QPR fan last night.

Pathetic, immature and unoriginal homophobic chants were all we could come up with.

Hardly got behind our team all night.

Whereas Brighton fans gave the QPR U18s a rousing round of applause for their Stateside cup win.

And completely outsung us all night.

Hard to work out which side which side was going top of the league.

Embarrassing.

bigfanofcullip

Aug 12, 2003
Don't very often post on here these days but wanted to contribute to this thread. I went last night but had to sit in with the QPR fans as I couldn't get a ticket in our end. I went with a mate from work who is a QPR fan and a regular at Loftus Road. As The Camel says we totally outsung the QPR fans and my mate was just as embarrassed at the home 'support'.

As hard as it was sitting with the QPR fans (I was level with penalty spot not all that far from the "w***er in the hat") I couldn't help feeling proud that it was my club's fans generating all the atmosphere. Funniest moment was when after we'd been singing "f***ing useless" at Barton, PIG then sliced a clearance and they started singing the same at him. Until 20 seconds later Austin totally miscued and a handful of QPR fans near me started (only half jokingly) singing the same to him. Austin has a LONG season ahead of him as they're already on his back big time.

Anyway great to hear Albion away support like that. Makes me determined to get to more away games.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I thought we were quite quiet and disjointed actually, especially compared to Reading. I put that down to the dickhead stewards doing their upmost to make everyone sit in their allocated seat which must have broken up a lot of friends groups and singers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I was on the back row of the away stand and couldn't hear the Rob Green chants, so it appears the acoustics in the same stand aren't very good either.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Thought it was slightly more 'together' at Reading but have to allow for the sh1t views for some and cr@p access etc. Only '-' point was the Rob Green chants. Great stuff though, once more putting home fans to shame.

Agree with this. It was (almost) understandable at West Ham, when we were getting stuffed 6-0, but last night it showed a lack of class IMO. Otherwise our fans were excellent and loud (although my ears were already ringing from the ridiculous volume at which QPR played their rubbish music through the PA in the away stand in the build up period).
We do need to do sort out the Barney Rubble thing though.

Ah. One particularly vociferous oik in their crowd took to trying to bait us. He looked shabbily dressed, Mohican haircut and as if he would find it hard to hold down a job. The away fans responded with an easy chant.

Ahhhh that makes a TINY bit of sense, my brother and I were wondering why we were singing that at a club in one of the wealthiest parts of the country...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Agree with this. It was (almost) understandable at West Ham, when we were getting stuffed 6-0, but last night it showed a lack of class IMO. Otherwise our fans were excellent and loud (although my ears were already ringing from the ridiculous volume at which QPR played their rubbish music through the PA in the away stand in the build up period).
We do need to do sort out the Barney Rubble thing though.

Agree, Barney Rubble is not working for anyone.

He eats pella,
Oh what a fella.

should replace it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports