Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our downfall as fans?

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013
I'm not talking about those people though? I'm talking about the people who come here and moan but don't think about using their energy to sing and support the team rather than moan. For example, the bloke who sits near me in the West Upper, block F who loves to moan every game about something whether we are winning or losing. Whereas if fans like this did more singing and supporting the Albion in a way that they can hear than he does moan the atmosphere would be significantly greater than it was today!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a worry even in our first season in the championship we turned Derby over.

I tipped Derby for automatic promotion (seriously). The manager is the longest serving after Wenger. He is a slow methodical guy. Look what he did with nonentities Burton, in a quiet and unflash way. His unflash Derby were organised and quite elegant. It was clear from early on they would win. I predicted a 1-2 on the Seagulls Fantasy League (don't ask if you don't know about it - tin pot but we love it). It is very much not a disgrace to go down to Derby. Revisit in May . . .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I tipped Derby for automatic promotion (seriously). The manager is the longest serving after Wenger. He is a slow methodical guy. Look what he did with nonentities Burton, in a quiet and unflash way. His unflash Derby were organised and quite elegant. It was clear from early on they would win. I predicted a 1-2 on the Seagulls Fantasy League (don't ask if you don't know about it - tin pot but we love it). It is very much not a disgrace to go down to Derby. Revisit in May . . .
We have turned Derby over for the last two seasons its a ****ing shambles mate

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't care whether you're on the bandwagon, were boycotting the Withdean because it was low rent, didn't like the shirts or were too busy supporting Man Utd or Chelsea...we need new fans and we are a club with a future BUT a stadium full of newbies will take time to get it, to not be embarrassed to sing will not shout about view spoiling if someone stands to yell encouragement or humorous abuse. Withdean was quiet most of the time, we were regularly outsung by the oppo...there's just more fans being quiet these days.

JCL bashing is not my agenda..it's just the truth and most of you know it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry but have to disagree, West is silent for a lot of the game and the north didnt help? I thought the north was pretty poor today compared to last season. In fact after we went 1-0 up it wasn't much better other than the 5 minutes afterwards. I don't understand why it takes referees decisions to get people going.

So what stand are you in then.

I'll tell you why the NS isn't quite as loud yet this year, loads of people have moved from the middle to the NW corner in the (wrong) assumption that it will be better and louder. Therefore in many of the loud places there are lots of new faces and it will take time again to get going.

BHAFC_98

May 21, 2013

I'll tell you why the NS isn't quite as loud yet this year, loads of people have moved from the middle to the NW corner in the (wrong) assumption that it will be better and louder. Therefore in many of the loud places there are lots of new faces and it will take time again to get going.
I'm in the West Upper and the atmosphere up there is terrible for most parts of the game! In our little group we sing but can't get anyone going!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have turned Derby over for the last two seasons its a ****ing shambles mate

Well, we differ. I think they are on the up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm in the West Upper and the atmosphere up there is terrible for most parts of the game! In our little group we sing but can't get anyone going!

The West Upper NW end was great in the first season, loud. The West down the south end used to give the away supporters vocal stick....sadly that has gone.
With all the criticising of songs on this forum it is a shame. It would be nice to come home with a sore throat like i did in the previous two seasons.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah but even the north was quiet today! And the view is too good!

You cant have it both ways, I sit in the WSU near the North and we have a small group sitting at the front near us that sing and sometimes stand up,
if more like you and the blokes near me went to the North it would be louder.
I used to go in the North at The Goldstone because I liked to sing, I don't remember the old West stand singing.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
The atmosphere will always be dictated by the game....it was rocking for that 15 min attacking spell during the 2nd half.....the rest there was nothing to really get excited about. It also helps with a vocal away crowd....not much noise from the Derby end until they went ahead.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn't seem to be a lot of atmosphere today from the word go. My two boys (9 and 7) normally love joining in with the chanting, but not much for them to join in with today. They were very disappointed. When I was a wee lad I remember vividly my dad taking me along to the Goldstone and the real buzz that was present were I stood at the front of the North stand. The passion for the club was intoxicating, and obviously rubbed off onto me. I would hope the same would be the case for my boys, so fingers crossed today was just a blip.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I agree that we didnt play our best football today by a long mile but don't you think it is fair that if we expect our players to turn up and perform then we should perform well as fans too. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I am a perfect fan as we all have our flaws but today I felt as if there were only a handful of people that were behind the team as much as they could have been? I'm not going to say that when we do something wrong we shouldn't moan because that won't ever happen and it's the normal response to someone doing something that you think was wrong. But I will say that if you can put loads of effort into moaning at our team then why don't you put as much effort, or in fact more effort, into getting behind our team? We went to Leeds last week and the stadium was rocking. At times in the match the majority of fans were singing. Of course when something went wrong they gave out a little moan but they were behind the team for the majority of the 90 minutes and their presence was felt almost all game. If our fans had been like the Leeds fans last week then the AMEX would have been rocking. I believe a lot in having a 12th man but I also believe that when the moaning is louder and more consistent than the singing and encouragement then the home advantage can become a disadvantage. So can all those people that moan also put as much effort into getting behind the team and not only may it help the players but I'm sure it makes for a better day out at the footy? Lets hope we have 3 points this time in 2 weeks, keep the faith!

I take it by your user name you are 15 years old. Trust me things could be a hell of alot worse in terms of atmosphere we have a full stadium most weeks and generate more noise than 80% of other home fans in our div. when i was your age we had just moved to gillingham so imagine what that shithole was like for atmosphere. Just enjoy it mate

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I agree that we didnt play our best football today by a long mile but don't you think it is fair that if we expect our players to turn up and perform then we should perform well as fans too. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I am a perfect fan as we all have our flaws but today I felt as if there were only a handful of people that were behind the team as much as they could have been? I'm not going to say that when we do something wrong we shouldn't moan because that won't ever happen and it's the normal response to someone doing something that you think was wrong. But I will say that if you can put loads of effort into moaning at our team then why don't you put as much effort, or in fact more effort, into getting behind our team? We went to Leeds last week and the stadium was rocking. At times in the match the majority of fans were singing. Of course when something went wrong they gave out a little moan but they were behind the team for the majority of the 90 minutes and their presence was felt almost all game. If our fans had been like the Leeds fans last week then the AMEX would have been rocking. I believe a lot in having a 12th man but I also believe that when the moaning is louder and more consistent than the singing and encouragement then the home advantage can become a disadvantage. So can all those people that moan also put as much effort into getting behind the team and not only may it help the players but I'm sure it makes for a better day out at the footy? Lets hope we have 3 points this time in 2 weeks, keep the faith!

If you spent a little less time moaning at those around you for not singing, or moaning about the fact that people are moaning, and just enjoyed your own day out at the football, you probably wouldn't feel so bad.

And as somebody else says, if it is the atmos and singing that you want, move to the North Stand.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thought the atmosphere was ok today and at times it was very loud. If only the east and west side of the north stand could sing the same song at the same time.

Dec 3, 2012
Play off loss hangover. It's going to take a while for the enthusiasm to return. Seems a long old season ahead at the moment for a lot of supporters.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Leeds were quiet for long periods even with a full Elland Road.

When I went to every away game a couple of seasons ago i was amazed at how many teams home grounds are quiet. I have to conclude that its the same everywhere unless you are in the curva norde or dortmund.

It happens. As others have said not everyone likes to sing and shout some go just to watch football.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Totally agree with that. It seems like the North Stand singers have now been split up and are struggling to get things going. Like it or not the North Stand is seen as the heart beat of the stadium and if no noise comes from there the rest of the ground will be quiet too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here