Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our chanting?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Crowd inspires players, but players must inspire crowds too. We were quiet but the performance had a lot to do with that.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The north seemed obsessed with tired old anti-Palace songs that the rest of the ground either doesn't know or like. We rely on that part of the ground to get things going, rightly or wrongly, and tonight it didn't happen.

When Palace were in full voice our response was booing. Shouldn't we have been drowning them out with actual songs? The worst thing about tonight was our frankly embarrassing singing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing wind it in, no difference in N1A to Liverpool or Leeds games. If you didn't get behind the team in your area then it's YOUR own fault. Everyone near me put the efforet in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
North was quiet loud for most of the first half no inspiration on the pitch you could clearly see they were going to score all of the second half its just amazing we held on so long. Were is that west noise we were all promised - poor tonight

Uridium

May 30, 2011
First half the west stand upper was so loud my ears were ringing. First time I've ever thought the north was subdued. Second half was poor all round, on and off pitch. Oh well.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
When Palarce were chanting "1-0 and you still can't sing" they were bang on, we were quiet even when we were ahead - shameful.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
The problem with the chanting is that our stands, due to the ticketing system, get a bit mixed up now. Talking stereotypes now. I am on the West Stand Lower near the south stand. Where there is quite a few old Goldstone West Stand types. Older more mature males, ladies and some children. Plus unfortunately some very low life excuse for human beings who should be flushed down the sewer with the rest of our s**t. Some of the language is way past industrial type stuff. Against Leeds there were 3 muppets behind me who spent most of the 90 minutes trying to sing the Albion chants, they sounded awful, flat and out of time, or aggressively shouting obscene language across at the Leeds fans. Things like "You F***ing ginger C***s, you F***ing Norther scum, You C***ing Norther S***e. The thing is there is no way the Leeds fans could hear what these 3 muppets were shouting. Such a waste of energy, why didn't they just get right behind the Albion. They were a disgrace. My sister sits a bit further along and she has got another 3 muppets in front of her. They think it is great to stand up all the time, do not have a clue about football, are totally biased and talk about Ebay and other non football stuff all the time. Why do they go and deprive true Albion fans. I couldn't go to the Palace game as I was recuperating, but I listened to it on the radio. We sounded great for most of the first half, but very quiet second half. A case of sing when we are winning? We have got to be more like Stoke fans, everyone get right behind Albion and stop wasting your time and energy on swearing at the opposing fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f*** me, you'd think it had been a morgue. The whole f***ing ground was singing. After half an hour of being given the run around though, it does put a dampener on things. If Palace had been under the kosh the whole time, you'd have heard a lot less from their end.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Need some new songs.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here