Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our best chance ever

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Surely with man u and arsenal weakening their sides in this window it must be our greatest chance ever to get into a euro competition for next season. If we can win our next 2/3 games and close the gap on those big clubs and really put pressure on them I am more optimistic than any other time that we could be playing in a European comp next season.

Anyone else think this could be our time?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely with man u and arsenal weakening their sides in this window it must be our greatest chance ever to get into a euro competition for next season. If we can win our next 2/3 games and close the gap on those big clubs and really put pressure on them I am more optimistic than any other time that we could be playing in a European comp next season.

Need more goals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is always our time. Now.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
@%1;

No. Maximum number of English teams in Europe is 7 unless for some bizarre reason UEFA change rules. Frankly can’t see beyond the ‘ top 6’and WHU, with Wolves as a reserve. Two of these would have to fail badly from now and no other team than Brighton put on a spurt. Not going to happen IMO.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would be great to see us in Europe. I would even take the crazy conference league thing, it would be amazing to follow Albion away in Europe even for only one season.

We all grow up dreaming of watching us play away at Barca, Munich etc. but there are some beautiful cities and Withdean like stadia that we could visit

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

The only way we will be in Europe is if GPott writes a song?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think it’s fair to say we have our best chance so far.
With a couple of decent signings over the summer we’ll undoubtedly be there or there abouts next season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
With a couple of decent signings over the summer we’ll undoubtedly be there or there abouts next season.

We’re well run. The direction of travel is great but undoubtedly? The Premier League is a dangerous beast and you’re never more than a bad season away from the trap door. I hope we’ll be aiming for a solid top half placing but it’s going to take a good few seasons of that before I feel anything like established in this division. The first target is always those 40 points and then let’s see…

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

there really is no reason why not with the way we are playing , i wonder if Herr Undav will be brought straight in to see if he can find the onion bag , if we can put more of our chances away we will be up there.
On the subject of Herr Undav , he has an uncanny resemblance to Maupay which could confuse the **** out of the more agricultural CB pairings at Manure , Spuds and Arse ....a masterstroke by the management...:smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Undoubtedly be where or whereabouts next season? Getting more than a tad carried away there me thinks. There are at least half of the clubs in the Premier League who would take issue with that statement!

It's the oldest cliche in the book, but let's just take it one game at a time and continue to make slow but steady progress. That's more than good enough for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
there really is no reason why not with the way we are playing , i wonder if Herr Undav will be brought straight in to see if he can find the onion bag , if we can put more of our chances away we will be up there.
On the subject of Herr Undav , he has an uncanny resemblance to Maupay which could confuse the **** out of the more agricultural CB pairings at Manure , Spuds and Arse ....a masterstroke by the management...:smile:

Is a lowly 9th place in the Premier League a bit beneath us then? Deniz Undav is remaining in Belgium for the remainder of this season anyway.

Europe is still very much a pipe dream and a long way off in my opinion. :ffsparr:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Is a lowly 9th place in the Premier League a bit beneath us then? Deniz Undav is remaining in Belgium for the remainder of this season anyway.

Europe is still very much a pipe dream and a long way off in my opinion. :ffsparr:

please excuse my exuberance , it is a fact that if we had taken more chances then our position would be higher 9th is lovely but having seen us play the likes of chelsea off the park i thought a little wishful thinking may be expectable :wink:

wasn't sure about Undav but itching to see Caciedo get a run.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here