Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

Yoda

English & European
Don't be daft , trying to sign someone better is one thing , trying to sign someone who never wanted back in England, had already told Italian Media he wanted to either go to Sevilla or if not fight for his place in the Inter team .

In the end he's gone to Monaco , MONACO , you know , big money , CL football etc .

You and the recruiters are in dreamland if you ever thought he was going to come here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like quite a few with Vicente? Oh!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nope. I never thought that was realistic, and I very much doubt we were ever interested. I'm fairly sure you never thought that was any more than a rumour either, but you're now prepared to pretend it actually did happen, so you have something else to MOAN about.

Perhaps just switch your internet off until Friday morning.

The multiple reports in the Italian press, then picked up by ours must have all been wrong then, about us making him an offer which he then decided to turn down.

But Naylor said no and he's the last word of all things Albion isn't he. :facepalm:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's not so much that, you know this guy was at the bottom of our list , or may not have been on it at all .

Really. ? There have been multiple stories saying we were in for him from mid July onwards .
in The Argus, The Sun, The Mail, Liverpool Echo, Mirror etc.
And confirmed by Naylor who has only confirmed a handful of targets all summer.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wasn't the Jovetic stuff called bullshit by Naylor a while ago? Don't think the club put too much effort into it.

You think the club would tell Naylor " Just to let you know Andy, we made a big swoop for Jovetic but he told us to do one. Let the chaps on NSC know will ya"

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Too busy wasting time chasing Jovetic who never had any intention of coming here , or England .

You have no idea how much time was spent trying to get Jovetic ... if any at all. And even if we did, do you seriously believe that we are only capable of going after one player at a time?

Still it's always satisfying to criticise the club, despite knowing nothing of the facts, isn't it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You think the club would tell Naylor " Just to let you know Andy, we made a big swoop for Jovetic but he told us to do one. Let the chaps on NSC know will ya"

Well he seems to have found out that we've had multiple bids for Zohore turned down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not so much that, you know this guy was at the bottom of our list , or may not have been on it at all .

Makes you wonder if the top of the list was just too far fetched and now we're left with the dregs it would seem .

Desperately hope I'm wrong and eating humble pie on Thursday

He was all but signed on loan in January until an extra £1m+ was asked for while the lid was being taken off the pen.

The club went and got Chuba instead.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Really. ? There have been multiple stories saying we were in for him from mid July onwards .
in The Argus, The Sun, The Mail, Liverpool Echo, Mirror etc.
And confirmed by Naylor who has only confirmed a handful of targets all summer.

The same press I'm told not to believe on one transfer story but should on another?

Naylor is fed what they want to feed him, that's all.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You have no idea how much time was spent trying to get Jovetic ... if any at all. And even if we did, do you seriously believe that we are only capable of going after one player at a time?

Still it's always satisfying to criticise the club, despite knowing nothing of the facts, isn't it?

You want me to knock on the boardroom door and ask for all the facts before forming an opinion then?

Ok mate.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
You want me to knock on the boardroom door and ask for all the facts before forming an opinion then?

Ok mate.

No, it's easier just to criticise and not bother with any facts, isn't it? Facts are just boring and, if you're unlucky, they could take away the opportunity to criticise!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No, it's easier just to criticise and not bother with any facts, isn't it? Facts are just boring and, if you're unlucky, they could take away the opportunity to criticise!

Well why don't you stump up some facts then.

I'm all ears.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I completely disagree. He should knock on the boardroom door and ask for all the facts.

I actually think it's a great suggestion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you saying that was a good or bad move?

I'm saying if this guy was bottom of the list he's been there for nearly a year. and yet would appear to still be on the list.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm saying if this guy was bottom of the list he's been there for nearly a year. and yet would appear to still be on the list.

Ah I see, thought you meant saving a million for Chuba was a shrewd move.

Well I'm always told on here we're good at bluffing in the transfer market as Tony is a good poker player. Lets hope this extended bluff pays off and some other team don't just swoop in and nab him.

He cant feel very wanted by us during all this bluffing (dithering) so wouldn't be surprised if he did stick two fingers up on Thursday and move to Palace :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I completely disagree. He should knock on the boardroom door and ask for all the facts.

I actually think it's a great suggestion.

He wouldn't get a response from that door knocking anyway.

The directors and Winstanley have been partying over at Barber's mansion since getting back from Vicarage Road. They're all very chilled. Crisis, what crisis?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Like quite a few with Vicente? Oh!

Not a good comparison. Vicente joined at the (premauture) end of his career with no pace left and endless injuries. The most gifted player we've seen at the club, arguably, but we only got him due to the circumstances.

Whereas 27 year old Jovetic, in his prime, moves from Inter to Monaco. Not in our league, but it was worth the Albion asking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here