Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other current conflicts in M.East with much higher death rates than in Gaza. No protests !

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Interesting article in the mail on line today. In summary there are seven other conflicts involving Islamist groups currently happening in various countries all in the middle east region. All of these conflicts have higher death rates than the number killed in Gaza. There is very little reporting of these events and no protests from Muslims. Why are protests only about Israel, and not the other 7 countries ?

Discuss.

I used to have this mate. I saw him beat up this kid one time, he was provoked, but he went far to far, and acted completely disproportionately. He was angry & he wanted to make the kid pay.

I gave him sh*t for it, serious sh*t. So much sh*t that he couldn't understand it. He went on to point out to me these other kids in our year who would go around beating up other kids for fun, without any reason.

He asked me, "why have a go at only me?"

I don't remember if I had a good answer for him at the time, but thinking about it now the reason I was so bothered with what he was doing, is that he was my friend. I thought more of him than I thought of school bullies. I could easily just place those other kids in the category of "nutcase". It's not that I thought that their actions were Okay at all. But they weren't people I had any influence over, they weren't people with whom I felt I could reason.

My friend on the other hand, he wasn't in the "nutcase" category, I knew that he was a decent, intelligent person.

So I couldn't just dismiss what he had done. I knew better, and I knew that he should have known better too.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Oh dear, here we go again the usual antisemitic posters on the march, only need Enrest to complete the set 😂

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh dear, here we go again the usual antisemitic posters on the march, only need Enrest to complete the set ��

Anti Semetic? Please...go on...your interest in re-opening this debate, which hasnt been touched since the 8th August is interesting. Please highlight the 'anti semitism'

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Oh dear, here we go again the usual antisemitic posters on the march, only need Enrest to complete the set 

The old antisemitism argument, you might as well go the whole way and just call people nazis. It's just such a crass, lazy attempt to shut down debate. There is a point about how stories are ranked in the media but running around calling people names is going to get you ignored.
Has it never occurred to you that part of the reason Israel is held to higher standards than the rest of the middle east is because it is considered part of the western democratic club. If anything the underreporting of events in Syria/Iraq is down to the racist assumption that this is just the norm for "underdeveloped" Arab nations and all that can be expected of Muslims.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here