Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other Clubs' Message Boards – Why So Poor?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Millwall House Of Fun was quite often very funny in a South London, Bermondsey, Jellied Eels, Del Boy, quite thick and ignorant but characterful type of way.
I don't think you can get on it now.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Would be much better with an Away End.

There's one I used to use where any visiting fan got banned to there, and then you got called a shit eating nonce kiddy fiddler until you never bother again.
You'd still be on there swearing insulting and screaming for bans .

Jan 10, 2014
It was the same last week, when Burnley's Clarets-Mad emerged as a fairly tame sort of asylum, featuring the same handful of inmates swapping views.

The problem with Clarets Mad is the host server 'Footymad'. It's been terrible for years and has been stuck in the last century as football forums go.

Many folk have left because of intrusive adverts, it not being tablet/phone friendly and in the past it crashing and taking ages to load.

It used to be a lot busier

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
OP is right. Occasionally browse other boards and notice how few new threads and posters they have. Those produced by "Footymad" and "Vital Football" are particularly bad. Also navigating some of them is a nightmare.
Thankful for NSC.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
With all due respect to Bozza it ain't that difficult....

.. and before Bozza bans me I'm talking about the content, not the hosting, the upgrading, the moderating etc...

So many boards split content into so many categories, have an official BEFORE and AFTER the game thread. Place posts about badgers into another section, ban posters who post about badgers into the wrong sections.

It's easy and what Bozza and other boards like Waccoe do well. Just let the content flow. The rubbish will always float to the bottom.

Yes the odd tidy up, the merging of threads etc... but please keep it like it is. Great work Bozza ..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

.. and before Bozza bans me I'm talking about the content, not the hosting, the upgrading, the moderating etc...

So many boards split content into so many categories, have an official BEFORE and AFTER the game thread. Place posts about badgers into another section, ban posters who post about badgers into the wrong sections.

It's easy and what Bozza and other boards like Waccoe do well. Just let the content flow. The rubbish will always float to the bottom.

Yes the odd tidy up, the merging of threads etc... but please keep it like it is. Great work Bozza ..

Seconded. Often have a nose around other forums, very rarely see anything I think looks better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Banned.

Unbanned.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
NSC is better than most of the league forums IMO including the PL ones.

It's remarkable that, despite some tools, there is a core of very articulate and witty posters which means that all manner of subjects are debated in interesting and often educational ways.

The football threads are often the least interesting ones. There...I've said it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd still be on there swearing insulting and screaming for bans .
I concur with the general gist of this thread. It's a great forum and it works.

Can someone ban this Palace prick though? Not because he's Palace, because he adds nothing but stupidity and moronic nonsense to any debate.

Go away you thick c##t.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Searching around for - and failing to find - a decent-sized Birmingham City message board (somewhat surprising for Britain's Second City), I was reminded again how much we take NSC for granted.

It was the same last week, when Burnley's Clarets-Mad emerged as a fairly tame sort of asylum, featuring the same handful of inmates swapping views.

Don't get me wrong: several of the bigger Championship clubs boast hugely busy boards – with Leeds' WACCOE, Wednesday's Owlstalk, Boro's FMTTM and Derby County Fans leading the way. But most fans' forums, even at this level, are vastly inferior to our own, in terms of size, breadth and, most importantly, quality of content.

So, a few questions:-

1 Which clubs' message boards are bigger and busier than NSC?

2 Which boards are the most entertaining, in terms of content and quality?

3 Where's the listing of Championship clubs' primary boards. Shouldn't there be one on NSC?

I don't think many people have computers in Birmingham. I think you forget that Birmingham City are based in Small Heath one of the most deprived areas of the country, extreme poverty and many are lucky to even have a dinner on their lap at the end of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here