Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] OT. Online Brighton gig listings

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
So I'm visiting the old country in the next couple of weeks and fancy trying to get a couple of gigs in while I down.
What's the best Brighton gig listings site ?
Most of the ones Ive looked at are pretty shite !!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Resident list used to be good. I'd recommend checking out the venues Chalk, Concorde 2, Hope & Ruin, Green Door Store, Patterns, The Prince Albert, The Rossi Bar, The Folklore Rooms are all good places to start.

I am not sure there are any decent collective lists anymore

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So I'm visiting the old country in the next couple of weeks and fancy trying to get a couple of gigs in while I down.
Precise dates would be helpful. What are you looking for in case anyone has a recommendation?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Songkick is very good, I use it when I’m visiting other countries. Just type in the city, off you go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Try song kick and search for Brighton:

Thanks for that. That's the best access that I've tried since Resident's list finished. Boy, how I miss that, and wish a way could be found for it to be revived -- I understand they ceased due to the logistical problems, low margins prompted by lockdown, and just didn't think it was worth their while continuing.
Doing that on songkick is a painful experience, adverts, pop-ups, etc, but that's the best aggregation I've come across (not that I've looked hard).
The result of this is that I now go to gigs extremely rarely in Brighton, probably 10-25% to pre-lockdown.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Check out Tom Jones gig at Stanmer Park. Or, if he’s too old for you, The Who are playing the cricket ground.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I also used to rely on Resident Records listings and before that Rounder. Now I just check the website for each venue or promotor. You can subscribe to Joy, Melting Vinyl and Lout etc who will e-mail updates.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks for that. That's the best access that I've tried since Resident's list finished. Boy, how I miss that, and wish a way could be found for it to be revived -- I understand they ceased due to the logistical problems, low margins prompted by lockdown, and just didn't think it was worth their while continuing.
Doing that on songkick is a painful experience, adverts, pop-ups, etc, but that's the best aggregation I've come across (not that I've looked hard).
The result of this is that I now go to gigs extremely rarely in Brighton, probably 10-25% to pre-lockdown.
Another man for bring back the resident list.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sadly Brighton is for the most part no longer seen as venue for big bands but there is a thriving business in tribute bands, local bands and new bands

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've a general question covering gigs in the UK and rest of Europe.

Which website/s do you recommend please as failsafe in being first with accurate information on new tour dates? Similarly, to buy tickets from, before the touts grab the tickets?

Cheers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sadly Brighton is for the most part no longer seen as venue for big bands but there is a thriving business in tribute bands, local bands and new bands
This is true to an extent.
The Brighton Centre does some fairly big-ish names but rarely anyone at the top of their game.

Brighton has had this problem for decades. It’s too close to London and has no venue over 5000 capacity that can be used regularly.

Hopefully The Hippodrome will attract more acts when it’s completed.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Which website/s do you recommend please as failsafe in being first with accurate information on new tour dates? Similarly, to buy tickets from, before the touts grab the tickets?

Cheers.
Don't know about Europe, but I've used Dice in New York and it is excellent. Easy to find and buy.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Cheers.
Again I would suggest SongKick which seems to be the only game in town at the moment.

You can add bands to your account manually and it will email you when they have scheduled gig dates, it also tells you when those tickets go on sale and provides links to the websites selling tickets. If you use Spotify you can link it to your Spotify account and it will automatically add bands to your account that you have favourited on Spotify.

I can not promise it is 100% accurate but not sure anything else has simlar functionality.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Again I would suggest SongKick which seems to be the only game in town at the moment.

You can add bands to your account manually and it will email you when they have scheduled gig dates, it also tells you when those tickets go on sale and provides links to the websites selling tickets. If you use Spotify you can link it to your Spotify account and it will automatically add bands to your account that you have favourited on Spotify.

I can not promise it is 100% accurate but not sure anything else has simlar functionality.
Many thanks, that's great.

Aside from my music interests, we're (with my daughter) hoping that Lana Del Rey does some gigs this side of the Atlantic ... we know she's coming from the Glast announcement. We would go as far as buying from (imho crooks) Viagogo if we missed out with the primary ticket sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here