Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Mobile phone insurance

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
I know this is off topic, but I wonder if anyone can help me out.

I recently dropped my iPhone and have shattered the screen. Apple can replace the phone for £119. However, I have mobile phone insurance with a £30 excess, so I was going to use this. When I called my insurance I was told that my excess had been increased to £100 now.

This is quite frankly shocking, considering I would be without a phone for two weeks whilst they sort it all out. And all to save £19 I might as well go direct to Apple.

Does anyone know if they're allowed to do this? What the law might be on changing insurance excess without telling customers? I'm writing a complaint letter to them now, I just wondered if anyone had a similar experience and could help out?

Thanks.

Window Licker

May 17, 2012
Im sure they have to legally inform you in writing that the TOCs have changed to your policy.

Argue the toss with them.

If not, you tube how to do it yourself and get the parts off e bay. You have to be patient but it's easy. Done it 4 times.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Tell them that if they've changed the terms at their end without warning then you did the same and reduced your monthly premium six months ago and as a result they now owe you a refund for overpayment each month, backdated to December

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks, I've received no warning of this, and will ask them for proof they told me about it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thanks, I've received no warning of this, and will ask them for proof they told me about it.

Also they will be regulated by the FSA so check out thier website and see if anything is covered there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here