Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT: How do you carry your mobile phone?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Talking of such things, I have just had the misfortune of smashing my iphone screen to pieces. Can anyone recommend anywhere in Brighton that fixes them not too expensively?.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
In my man bag in a good solid leather case too.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm currently packing an iPhone 5c. It's a piece of shit construction wise, charger dock chooses when it would like to work, it ghost types too much and it just feels flimsy. I carry it in a shock proof backing with a stick on screen protector. I carry it in my front, right leg jean pocket. I can feel my unborn children mutating into fuse-limbed toilet goblins inside my nut sack as we speak.

I've been "disconnected", so no mutant worries. :mad:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm currently packing an iPhone 5c. It's a piece of shit construction wise, charger dock chooses when it would like to work, it ghost types too much and it just feels flimsy. I carry it in a shock proof backing with a stick on screen protector. I carry it in my front, right leg jean pocket. I can feel my unborn children mutating into fuse-limbed toilet goblins inside my nut sack as we speak.

A genetic upgrade on your good self then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In my pocket of course - along with my loose change and keys. It only cost £4.79 five years ago so why the f*** should I be arsed about it? It occasionally automatically dials an ex girl-friend, which is a bit embarrassing - but hey, a shag's a shag ....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mobile phone is a bit of a misnomer for mine, as it rarely goes anywhere.

It is currently on the kitchen table (where it has been since Thursday afternoon) and I probably won't pick it up again till Monday morning. We've been out all day (cinema with the children, bit of shopping, Pizza Express etc). The last thing I want is anybody phoning me.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
In my pocket, without case, 14 months scratch free.

One thing to remember is to avoid looking like a colossal bell end by holding your phone to your head when making a call, rather than holding it 4 inches from your face with loud speaker, as seems to be the fashion with smartphones :shrug:

this appears in some peoples small minds to also count as "hands free" while driving for some reason,
I followed a girl driving along the seafront doing this the other day, as I carefully passed her I glanced across and noticed she was face timing.
it scares me to think my children have to cross roads near these people!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
this appears in some peoples small minds to also count as "hands free" while driving for some reason,
I followed a girl driving along the seafront doing this the other day, as I carefully passed her I glanced across and noticed she was face timing.
it scares me to think my children have to cross roads near these people!

I had to google "face timing" as ive never heard of that term. Yes you are quite right it's a stupid thing to do whilst driving.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
In the glove compartment of the car. If anyone wants to contact me whilst im out they can leave a message on landline. Old school I know, but have managed the last 50 odd yrs without one stuck to my ear I'm not going to change now

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If you were a woman under the age of 30-ish, I would say it's obligatory to carry a mobile phone in the outstretched palm of your hand at absolutely all times, so that everyone in the street can, like, see how totes cool you are :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here