Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Garages in Hove/Portslade.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Does anybody know of a reputable & cheap garage in Hove or Portslade? I've just been quoted just under £300 for an MOT, new brake pads, a few bulbs and a wishbone (whatever that is). Is this a fair price or am I being ripped off here?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thwaites on the Portslade seafront is superb and Ian will not stitch you up.

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah they are and I know Gavin but theyve always been on the expensive side. Thanks for all the recommendations, if I could go back in time to when I left school car mechanics is definitely the route I would have taken!!
sometime's you've got to bite the bullet to get the service ,don't be a tight wad !

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Front pads, wishbone and bulbs isn't majorly involved tbh but take into account £50 odd for Mot then labour and parts and it adds up fast.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anybody know of a reputable & cheap garage in Hove or Portslade? I've just been quoted just under £300 for an MOT, new brake pads, a few bulbs and a wishbone (whatever that is). Is this a fair price or am I being ripped off here?
From kev is that?
Why don't you take it where I go

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
From kev is that?
Why don't you take it where I go

No mate, Kev said he can do it for cash for £200 but then I'd still have to pay for the MOT & a retest from the place in your road.

Ive got it a fair bit cheaper now though as I told them I was going to take it away for another garage to deal with & they suddenly dropped the price!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
The guys up the road from us prep and rally 206's - for £300 it'll come back a heck of a lot faster and with no need for wishbones :lol: oh and our mechanic collects mot's, repairs and returns, and it very reasonable. But he's ours and we're not letting go - sorry!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here