Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Electronic Football Game "Jimmy"

Are there any 30 somethings out there who remember this game? I've scoured the net and can't even find mention of one, let alone one to buy on E-Bay.

It was like a 3D Wembley and each player had 5 buttons. This corresponded to lights on the pitch and the game played a bit like the Vortex from The Adventure Game as you had to guess where the other player was going. Shooting from long range seemed to nearly always result in a penalty. It also had plastic team names to put either end of the stadium. And when you scored, it played "When the Saints go marching in". Oh, and had a cool full time whistle sound.

Can someone confirm that this did exist and that I haven't got Alzheimers setting in?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Looks like you've got Alzheimers setting in

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i remember that but what about super striker when you pressed there heads down they kicked the ball.:clap: :smokin: :clap:

wayne

Aug 5, 2012
yes I do and i have one

Are there any 30 somethings out there who
remember this game? I've scoured the net and can't even find mention of one, let alone one to buy on E-Bay.

It was like a 3D Wembley and each player had 5 buttons. This corresponded to lights on the pitch and the game played a bit like the Vortex from The Adventure Game as you had to guess where the other player was going. Shooting from long range seemed to nearly always result in a penalty. It also had plastic team names to put either end of the stadium. And when you scored, it played "When the Saints go marching in". Oh, and had a cool full time whistle sound.

Can someone confirm that this did exist and that I haven't got Alzheimers setting in?
Yes i have one it was made by waddingtons an i have a mint condition one.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Electronic Football Game "Jimmy"

Attachments

• DVC02225.jpg
    DVC02225.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 93

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Are there any 30 somethings out there who remember this game? I've scoured the net and can't even find mention of one, let alone one to buy on E-Bay.

I still remember it as one of my favourite ever Christmas presents. I think I got my Kevin Keegan tracksuit the same year, and that was it, I was in heaven.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here