Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Dublin

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We went a few years back and was told about Kilmainham Gaol, it was the highlight of the weekend. Great thing to do in the morning before all the drinking starts, its just a short bus journey and well worth it.

Link
http://www.visitdublin.com/dublin-a-to-z/details/kilmainham-gaol/30635/

The Gaol is well worth a visit. One word of warning is that the local free tourist map makes it appear a lot nearer the city centre than it is, so a bus is advisable. The walk took a lot longer than I expected.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I don't care much for the Guinness tour which has more poster or video type displays than actual brewery bits and pieces. It is not a working brewery, if anyone thought that.

But, if you are in that area, there is a very interesting little church, St Michans, close by. Oldest church North of the Liffey. Below the church are crypts which, because they are built in limestone have preserved and mummified the bodies. It's only a short tour, maybe 30 minutes, but it isn't at all crowded like Guinness etc, and the bloke who gives the tour is very theatrical. He also seems to knows everything about any sport. He knew all about how the Albion were doing at the time I was there, and quoted ' and Smith must score '. But he also had deep conversations with Americans about baseball.

Quirky, but worth a visit if it fits in with your day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worked there for three months. Bus and Guinness factory is a must. Look for off the track bars but use your common sense. Don't go to Park West.

I now have clients in Galway. I prefer it to Dublin by a factor of about 600.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here