Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OT - Cocker Spaniels

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I had a Cocker, she was beautiful but she passed away last year. I was looking for a dog a few months ago & decided on a change as I didn't want to compare the new dog to the lovely Floozy so now have 2 sprightly Cockapoo's.
I would highly recommend Cockers either of the Spaniel variety or the Poo variety!!! Both lovely breeds. I got my pair on Pets for Homes.

We were in exactly the same position. Dear Pickle lasted for 17 years and helped bring up our children. Daisy the Cockapoo has all the qualities of a loving spaniel and doesn't shed hair. If you do go down the cockapoo route take care who you buy from - preferably a member of the Cockapoo Club - and make sure you see the mother.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We have a Patterdale Terrier, think small black labrador with whippet rear end...Not really a recognised breed, but certainly enough that people know what he is when they see him. Great temperament, does like a good long walk and swim, will eat anything (including sheep poo) and thinks he's a lap dog. We got him from Wadar's rescue in Lancing...He's a good boy :)

31932855_10155155594101883_8971379845967642624_n.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do yep, they seem more intelligent and loyal, just my opinion like.
Eh? You think intelligence and loyalty are related to size? That's mad.

Anyway, back on topic - well, the topic may soon be changing to 'name that dog'. Went to see some puppies today. Obviously adorable.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Anyway, back on topic - well, the topic may soon be changing to 'name that dog'. Went to see some puppies today. Obviously adorable.

Rover, original and becoming :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Graham or Douglas.

For me Colin is out, oddly I know a few Colin's and sadly I guess Nigel is out too.

So Graham it is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Graham or Douglas.

For me Colin is out, oddly I know a few Colin's and sadly I guess Nigel is out too.

So Graham it is.
Thanks for doing the hard work for me.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Patterdale terrier. Not small, nor big, great temperament, good with kids, love footballs, very loyal, not common or fashionable so you won't look like a hipster ****. IMG_0168.JPG

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another vote for a Cockerpoo here. Our Max is 6 months old and has firmly put himself into the hearts of our family in the 4 months we've had him. Went for a Cockerpoo because of the temperament with kids and that some of the potential issues with thoroughbreds has been bred out of them imo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IMG_0171.JPGI might also add they're,good at catch, and rolling in goat shit. Miles better than a spaniel, unless you need help finding your Stash!

IMG_0172.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here