Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's team selection?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It was obvious tonight that if Oscar wants to play his way, then Bridcutt has to change the way he plays. It was like watching games under Gus, Liam playing the balls sideways and backwards. Ince gives us the chance to drive forwards when he has the ball. As you say, one striker at home against the bottom team who have not won away is something I can't understand. Let's hope that Oscar holds his hands up and admits to getting it wrong. He says he wants to win every game for the fans, tonight it didn't look like it. It is the first time I have doubted his tactics so hopefully he can put it right on Saturday. One things for sure S Dave shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Couldn't believe he did not get taken off at half time.

Yep.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I agree, however playing both Ince and Bridcutt could have been criticized as 'too defensive' also, so he'd probably have been criticised either way. Would like to see Lopez dropped for a long period of time though.

If anyone still genuinely thinks Ince is defensively minded they are blind. Whilst he is quite clearly strong and able to break up play, he is equally committed to looking for space to run into in a very direct way.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
So let me get this straight, he dropped the man of the match from Saturday (Ince) yet still played the two worst players JFC and Lopez (both of whom were dreadful and got substituted again). Then, he waited until the 80th minute to bring on Lita despite looking completely abject in the final third. I like the guy but he was tactically clueless tonight.

sorry just not good enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here