Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar's last season

Maccabi

Jun 26, 2013
Thanks for that.

The argus report made it seem like they just spoke to the reporter recently...

Definitely 100% on the os-CAR now. I think it's going to be quite a ride!!!

I'm pretty sure they haven't spoke with someone and just read some articles.
the line you mantiond
"he does play more defensive players in big games"
can only be say in round one of the season cause after this we won almost any "big" match, destroy our derby opponent hapoel 4-2 2-0 and 4-0 highest score in the derby in the last 20 years.
we beat beitar 5-0 giants in the israeli football, also 3-1 on k.shmona the champions from last year.

so i guess your journalist just read articles from the start of the season after we lost the first derby 1-0 and was some talking about garcia style with 3 midfield that they are more defensive.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I can answer.
Oscar is the most boring manager i ever seen in the interviews it's true, all of the year the journalist that were used to get headlines and never got any in this year tried to demolish him in reports like this, also this report is from the early stages of the season when he played more defensive and just get to know the team.
after 10-13 games he got the knowledge of the israeli league and played a lot more offensive - than the results started to changed and every home match ends 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-2, 5-0 again, after this results the media changed the attitude for him.
try to ignore israeli media about him from the first part of the season, to be a foreigner in the israeli league is very hard, the media hate you and everyone thinks they know much better then you.

That's reassuring, thank you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can live with boring after match interviews, although it's been a long time since we had them :smile:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I can answer.
also this report is from the early stages of the season when he played more defensive and just get to know the team.
after 10-13 games he got the knowledge of the israeli league and played a lot more offensive - than the results started to changed and every home match ends 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-2, 5-0 again, after this results the media changed the attitude for him.

I'd be quite happy for that to happen this season too!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Welcome BrightonISR NSC

And thanks for the info clips, really looking forward to the season now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
to me it will be a case of take as you find...its an interesting appointment ..personally i'm glad we will be continuing (least i think so) the same type of football weve played over the last three years (with a variation maybe)..makes sense seeing as the team are used to playing that way ..now we wait to see what new players are signed and if we can have a successful season...promotion in his first season in england?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
to me it will be a case of take as you find...its an interesting appointment ..personally i'm glad we will be continuing (least i think so) the same type of football weve played over the last three years (with a variation maybe)..makes sense seeing as the team are used to playing that way ..now we wait to see what new players are signed and if we can have a successful season...promotion in his first season in england?
Any chance of expressing just a little bit more excitement please, lame-o

Something in the region of OSCAR GARCIA THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR :clap2:

BrightonISR

Jun 26, 2013
Hi, thanks for posting!

Looks like a pretty attacking league. Do you think Oscar will play his team as offensively over here? With Gus Poyet we tended to get a goal and sit back which ended up with a lot of teams getting back into the game and resulted in a lot of draws. This certainly cost us automatic promotion this year. Do you think Oscar's philosophy is more positive?

Oh, and all the best for a good next season!
Ofcourse, to tell you the truth, as a guy who is a fan of maccabi for over 30 years, i dont remember the team playing so well offesinvely, ofcourse there were seasons we scored more, but i never saw such a perfect game with an amazing pressure on the defensers of the other team for almost all of the game.

to tell you the truth? one of the best seasons of Maccabi in the history, and we won 20 championships and we are the biggest team in israel, and still, you felt magic during this year, i used to call it the magic of oscar and Jordi...
i donnu how it'll work in Brighton, but im sure he has the abillity to get brighton promoted... he is smart, he knows who and when to subtitute in the right time, and you allways feel like you got some 1 there who will make the right desicion.

he is the boss.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Ofcourse, to tell you the truth, as a guy who is a fan of maccabi for over 30 years, i dont remember the team playing so well offesinvely, ofcourse there were seasons we scored more, but i never saw such a perfect game with an amazing pressure on the defensers of the other team for almost all of the game.

to tell you the truth? one of the best seasons of Maccabi in the history, and we won 20 championships and we are the biggest team in israel, and still, you felt magic during this year, i used to call it the magic of oscar and Jordi...
i donnu how it'll work in Brighton, but im sure he has the abillity to get brighton promoted... he is smart, he knows who and when to subtitute in the right time, and you allways feel like you got some 1 there who will make the right desicion.

he is the boss.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts mate. Much appreciated.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks to both Maccabi and to BrightonISR, welcome to NSC!

I'm very excited for this coming season. It sounds like it's going to be a case of Oscar accenting the attacking element of our play whilst maintaining what is arguably an already solid defence.

I'm also glad to hear he's quiet in the press. I think Tony has made a very good appointment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

he is the boss.

Great post!

I can't wait for August now!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013

he is the boss.

Sounds excellent to me!!

I have also read that he 'demands' the ball is moved quickly and then pressures the opposition instantly when they have the ball, as you mentioned.

This is what Gus tried to do but ultimately his system was played far too slow and became tedious, possession for possession's stake. Granted we scored more with Ulloa in the side but we never really created chance after chance because of the slow 'tiki taka'. For me, Oscar plays in a similar way but at pace, he learned the Barcelona way IN Barcelona so I am confident he knows it properly unlike Gus who understood the methodology but not quite how to execute it.

Without being rude to Israeli league players, I would expect the players at the Albion will be better technically and so Oscar should be able to get them playing his system perfectly, especially as the players he had last season clearly listened to him and played it correctly.

I also saw that he took a struggling striker and turned him into a 23 goal scoring machine, this bodes well for CMS and in general, proves that Oscar will definitely be able to coach the offensive side of the game.

I wish the Leeds game was tomorrow now!!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The same report says that the home record for maccabi was much better than the away record.
The report had the numbers, I think it was 84% home record and 62% away record, a 62% win record away from home is extraordinarily good!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here