Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar

If its the latter (which ive no doubt it is) then naive of them to do so, as in my experience news editors in radio won't broadcast any story in news bulletins that hasn't been confirmed as fact rather than speculation from one source.

Well you'd hope so but doesn't there tend to be, rightly or wrongly, a lower standard for sports news? It's not as if there's ever any professional comeback if this kind of gossip goes nowhere.

The interesting thing is who generated the Daily Mail piece - if it was Oscar's agents then we are in an interesting situation.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Well you'd hope so but doesn't there tend to be, rightly or wrongly, a lower standard for sports news? It's not as if there's ever any professional comeback if this kind of gossip goes nowhere.

The interesting thing is who generated the Daily Mail piece - if it was Oscar's agents then we are in an interesting situation.

Well there might be consequences for Swansea if the source comes from them. Tapping up.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Said on Nation Radio sports news here in South Wales at 07.30 this morning that OSCAR is favourite for the Swansea City job as he is leaving B&HA at the end of the season. Not a rumour from a source, twas on the radio so it must be correct.

There is a big difference between

OG being favourite for the Swansea job as he IS leaving BHA at the end of the season
...and...
OG being favourite for the Swansea job as he MIGHT BE leaving BHA at the end of the season

These rumours are two-a-penny much of the time, but simple semantics is usually enough to cover up some wild speculation by someone in the chain.

I don't believe that Oscar believes himself ready (in the way that Gus did) or that any PL club would take a gamble on him... yet!

Play-offs this year and next, even without promotion, would be enough to bring the suitors in, but not now - IMO.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If its the latter (which ive no doubt it is) then naive of them to do so, as in my experience news editors in radio won't broadcast any story in news bulletins that hasn't been confirmed as fact rather than speculation from one source.

Well, according to the OP, Oscar is 'favourite'.

That can mean any number of things - from conversations with bookmakers, to having inside information, to pure guesswork, and probably several points inbetween.

In this instance (in the absence of any knowledge of these considerations), it could well be based on '... the way Swansea play and Oscar has his team playing suit each other...' means he's an obvious choice. What the story doesn't state is Oscar's willingness to go to Swansea. That's a different matter entirely.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes your right, he does say 'deeper squad'.
So really that's not much better. Is he referring to our injury list or our selling players or both?
Either way Oscar is saying our squad is not deep enough.

Oh I don't know. I think "deeper" is better than "different".

"Different" could mean, at worst, "There's pretty much no-one I would want to keep". It would be hard to say that "deeper" could mean that...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Again, I thought it was nailed on he was out, and Malky Mackay was taking over. He'll be here by Saturday, apparently...

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Said on Nation Radio sports news here in South Wales at 07.30 this morning that OSCAR is favourite for the Swansea City job as he is leaving B&HA at the end of the season. Not a rumour from a source, twas on the radio so it must be correct.

Well that explains the change in performance yesterday then. The players have obviously decided that they will play the way that they want and ignore Oscar as he's off in the Summer, so they feel safe to ignore him now!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We win- panic that Oscar is going to get POACHED
We lose or draw- it's time for Oscar to get SACKED

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Well, according to the OP, Oscar is 'favourite'.

That can mean any number of things - from conversations with bookmakers, to having inside information, to pure guesswork, and probably several points inbetween.

In this instance (in the absence of any knowledge of these considerations), it could well be based on '... the way Swansea play and Oscar has his team playing suit each other...' means he's an obvious choice. What the story doesn't state is Oscar's willingness to go to Swansea. That's a different matter entirely.

Whilst it doesn't detail OG's willingness or otherwise to go to Swansea it does say, "Swansea have already made contact with Garcia, who is in his first season in English football."

IF this is the case then presumably TB will have given Swansea permission to do so. ???

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Last night Oscar and Jones both showed passion throughout the game, shouting at the players from the touchline to keep our shape. I haven't seen much if that, especially from Oscar this season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
he did not look happy
but then whenever does he look happy

To put this to bed

oscar-garcia_2715302b.jpg
D28GARC_359635k.jpg
Oscar+Garcia+Crawley+Town+v+Brighton+Hove+4EKmFb-agIpl.jpg

and a cheeky smirk to finish

Oscar-Garcia-BHA.jpg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The club head coach should always be involved in transfer dealings, it is common sense that he should work with players who's qualities he has assessed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here