Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar-please keep Dunk in team on Saturday!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Aside from whether Dunk is a better option right now, Dunk would benefit from the experience of playing alongside Upson and he has a potential future here beyond next season, not sure Greer does.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
An interesting choice for the manager. The next game is AWAY to Bolton. Greer is a current international player and has been part of a very solid defence for many months. Dunk has had several good games but also has had a tendency to lose concentration in the past.

I would expect Greer to play.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I didn't think Dunk was amazing yesterday and he was pretty poor on Saturday. I think i'd stick with Greer

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Red card or not, I think Greer has needed some time on the bench for a while. He is so careless with his passing and, for me, is easily the weakest link in an otherwise strong back five. Just look at the number of backpasses from him that have been intercepted by strikers this season. I think we've conceded three times because of it and there have been several more chances missed, yet it's not happened once as a result of an Upson backpass. That's not a coincidence. It also annoys me that he's captain, because he seems an entirely uninspiring character who leads neither by example nor vocally. Dunk was excellent last night and if we can get him back to the form he showed pre-court case then there is no reason why he shouldn't be picked ahead of Greer on merit every week.

Having said that, I bet Oscar takes the easy option and puts Greer back in on Saturday.

100% agree with this.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Meh. AEA is yesterday's man, ultimately. And we got over £100k for him. And he's not exactly endearing himself to the Bristol C fans:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/161667-ten-heroes/

They don't seem to have although some of that seems a knee jerk reaction to a red card.

My point was more that when Greer returned and back into the lineup at AEAs expense, El-Abd was in good form and had played well during his absence. A sign that no matter how well he played, there is nothing he could do to force his way into the lineup, IMO

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Disagree. Dunk has been outstanding when in the team but Greer is a brilliant defender and leader, our defensive record with him in the side simply does not lie. He gets some stick sometimes but you can't argue with the stats with him the team.

Although, that may also be due to how ****ing brilliant Upson is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Red card or not, I think Greer has needed some time on the bench for a while. He is so careless with his passing and, for me, is easily the weakest link in an otherwise strong back five. Just look at the number of backpasses from him that have been intercepted by strikers this season. I think we've conceded three times because of it and there have been several more chances missed, yet it's not happened once as a result of an Upson backpass. That's not a coincidence. It also annoys me that he's captain, because he seems an entirely uninspiring character who leads neither by example nor vocally. Dunk was excellent last night and if we can get him back to the form he showed pre-court case then there is no reason why he shouldn't be picked ahead of Greer on merit every week.

Having said that, I bet Oscar takes the easy option and puts Greer back in on Saturday.

Yes this.

For me Upson IS Captain. Greer is Captain because historically he always has been.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Greer constantly moans at others for his own mistakes which does my head in. Always having a go at Kusz which is a bit of a joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here