Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oscar Pistorous - What is he due ?

On the hunch the guy had a psychotic episode and lost the plot, pumped with steroids and alcohol, what verdict should he get ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bet it won't be long before the words "diminished responsibility" get wheeled out by the defense

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bet it won't be long before the words "diminished responsibility" get wheeled out by the defense

I think he had a psychotic episode imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I have gone for 10 years for Manslaughter.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well he cannot be killed and if found guilty of premeditated murder, he will get life as a mandatory sentence.

I would put him on suicide watch, personally.

I think the guy in the morning when the fog had cleared thought " what the f*** have I done ? " everything points to this. Quite a tragic event.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't buy the intruder in the toilet defence, that seems to me to be very weak.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it is a psychotic episode like the guy who jumped off the balcony with his 2 kids in his arms deserve any sort of sympathy ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think the guy in the morning when the fog had cleared thought " what the f*** have I done ? " everything points to this. Quite a tragic event.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't buy the intruder in the toilet defence, that seems to me to be very weak.

As he picked her up and carried her downstairs, it did not take long for the fog to clear.

Some things just don't tally:
Is living in fear, has loads of guns in the house, yet leaves his house unlocked at night
Says he shouted at the "intruder" in the bathroom before shooting
Did not notice that Reeva had got out of bed

Very odd.

Murder.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As he picked her up and carried her downstairs, it did not take long for the fog to clear.

Some things just don't tally:
Is living in fear, has loads of guns in the house, yet leaves his house unlocked at night
Says he shouted at the "intruder" in the bathroom before shooting
Did not notice that Reeva had got out of bed

Very odd.

Murder.

With a bloke that had totally lost the plot at that stage. A difficult one.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
If it is a psychotic episode like the guy who jumped off the balcony with his 2 kids in his arms deserve any sort of sympathy ?

The only people who deserve sympathy are the families of all involved and the victim. Its unfortunate if its a psychotic incident, but you can always find reasons to give "sympathy" if you look hard enough. I dont agree with hate mobs or people all jumping on media bandwagons in these sort of situations, but he will get the justice that he has to in order to protect the public, punish him for his crime (if in fact he has committed one), and by some way make the victims familiy feel that justice has been served.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only people who deserve sympathy are the families of all involved and the victim. Its unfortunate if its a psychotic incident, but you can always find reasons to give "sympathy" if you look hard enough. I dont agree with hate mobs or people all jumping on media bandwagons in these sort of situations, but he will get the justice that he has to in order to protect the public, punish him for his crime (if in fact he has committed one), and by some way make the victims familiy feel that justice has been served.

Quite agreed. Good post.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just a hunch. Not the actions of someone who had not lost the plot I think.

I think if drugs or alcohol were involved, it would have already been mentioned - he is extremely unlikely to get bail (theoretically), so they would use anything as mitigation I would have thought. Maybe it will be tomorrow.

As for sympathy, I find it very difficult to have sympathy with someone who has guns lying around and thinks that it is normal behaviour.

I feel extremely sorry for Reeva's family as they may never find out what happened and was pleased to see that the media gave them respect at the funeral today.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do you have a daughter U S, how would you feel if it was your daughter

No. I am making no judgement on this other than I think people who have psychotic episodes like I suspect he did need to take everything into account. Tragic all round as I said.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My word. A cracking selection of assumptions US with very little to back it up.

And the other thread has already covered the fact that the death penalty isn't an option.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here