Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reported to PC Balkham that Oscar has lost the fans when walking back to the station from the game, he is on the case now so everything is fine.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There was one today who had more passion and fight then all of the others and he only played 15 minutes

Because he is better as an impact player, he plays better off the bench than when he starts - that has been proven many times.

So the thread title should read "Oscar has possibly lost an unquantified amount of fans who made their way to Barnsley"

Of course, but there is nothing better than an overreaction.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whatever you think about lack of attacking football you can't say we lack fight. Nobody has battered us this season, defensively we're sound, I don't see any of the players giving up. If this was the case we would have lost 3-1 or 4-1 vs Blackburn, not salvaged a 3-3 draw. The Ipswich result today showed Blackburn at home are a decent side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So your quite happy with oscar and the way his teams play week after week?

That's not the debate I was focusing on. RMTaylor is claiming something and evidence doesn't tally with the original claim in the thread title.

Changes certainly need to be made. Alter the system or get players who fit the system.

Possession stats are very misleading.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That's not the debate I was focusing on. RMTaylor is claiming something and evidence doesn't tally with the original claim in the thread title.

Changes certainly need to be made. Alter the system or get players who fit the system.

The worrying thing about, for me, is with the amount of possession we've had we've done relatively nothing with it in terms of goals scored. Surely this in itself tells a very sorry tale about certain aspects of our team, set up etc.....

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bloom had a 5 year plan and wanted a top 6 finish this season. I'd bet he'll be very unhappy with a top 12th finish after the millions he's pumped in.

This.. People can think what they want and everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I bet Mr Bloom didn't think he would be going into the 4th season at the Amex still in the championship. People really should open their eyes and look around the stadium and Lancing. This has not been built to see the team going backwards and dishing up the crap we play week in week out. There are a lot of fans who think mid table championship is ok and some people expect to much. I bet Tony Bloom with his £100m+ spent isn't one of them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would have thought the fans who went to Barnsley today would have been the more hardcore supporters. They're among the last I'd expect to turn because we aren't winning 5-0 every week.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Disappointing performance today - we only started to show what we could have done after they went down to ten men and should have won from there. Only good point was CMS who was keen and looked fit and strong. Expect him to play ninety next Saturday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Have a look at what WeAreBrighton are tweeting regarding the reaction at full-time.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Can't see it how it's just the players they were down to ten men and we sat back and took the draw he must of said that to the players!!!! It's embarrassing tbh

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Ah, yes. Fair enough - CMS does care and he certainly has a point to prove. When he is 100%, he does need a start over Ulloa - who has been awful lately.

I'm not a CMS lover but I'd like to see him start with ulloa.....I'm sure plenty of others would too especially as we have nothing to lose from now till the end of the season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Have a look at what WeAreBrighton are tweeting regarding the reaction at full-time.

So because 1 "fan" page is slating the team/manager a bit - we all should ? They do also make a good point regarding Palace, they were playing like shite this time last year, yet got promotion - so we shouldnt give up until it is impossible - simple as that.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Playing attacking players does not mean we are playing attacking football. If anything it suggests our tactics are not getting the best out of those attacking players.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here