Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Going on the ATTACK

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just as long as we do not emulate Keegans Newcastle and lose games 6 - 4 I would prefer to win each one 1 -0 given the choice, but obviously want to see us score goals.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Linked to Gerard Deulofeu this morning (as many of us guessed we may be)

Very likely to just be a case of a journo linking Oscar and barca's brightest youth product, but still quite exciting!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I like this comment on the argus site

phumps says...
8:30am Fri 28 Jun 13

I do think we will see bridcutt move on now and prob to the prem as I can't see how he will fit into a 433 formation.On another note the very vocal LMA pre sunday have been very silent since.

makes no sense, we've been playing 4-3-3 most of the time

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You think he might turn Liverpool and Tottenham down then?!

No
Still nice to be linked though.

To be fair a loan comes down to what Barca want in terms of the players development. They may not even
consider a high-prem team the best for him. I pbviously don't know, but I always imaged he would go to a Swansea type. He will pass the ball, play most games and be in the prem under Laudrup (ex-Barca)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Barca may see him being with us and a guaranteed starting place under a coach they trust and plays the barca way far far more attractive for their players development than warming a bench for a premier side?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just like watching Brasil!
Who cares if you let in a couple as long as you score four. Could be rather exciting stuff if we get anything like Rodgers or Laudraups Swansea team of the last couple of seasons. They like to keep the ball but they prefer passing the ball forward rather than sideways. Who knows?

Passing the ball forwards instead of sideways will be a big plus. If we had done that more often last season we would be planning for our first season in the Premier League right now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Passing the ball forwards instead of sideways will be a big plus. If we had done that more often last season we would be planning for our first season in the Premier League right now.

You should be a youth team coach. Your in-depth analysis and technical breakdown are what this country needs.

Spain. Pah!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Linked to Gerard Deulofeu this morning (as many of us guessed we may be)

Very likely to just be a case of a journo linking Oscar and barca's brightest youth product, but still quite exciting!

Lol I suggested that the other day, ridiculous notion that we could possibly get him when La Liga clubs are after him on loan as are Dortmund. (not criticising you personally!)

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Didn't Orlandi come through the youth set up at barca? If he did would he already know Oscar?

yes he did, he played with iniesta and xavi. what a claim.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
'to have the ball as many times as possible ?'

Being a pedant this is not quite a correct statement and requires clarification. Surely if you have the ball once a the start of a game and never give it to the opposition , it is a good thing. Also losing it a lot of times and getting it back a lot of times is not necessarily a good thing?

Excited none the less.

TNBA

TTF

For goodness sake, given that English is not his first language, he is doing alright. We're already ahead of saints in the English language capabilities of a Spanish speaking manager stakes, as we were before anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here