Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Vicente must have played about 2 games that previous season.
Hammond was boo ed out (like Barnes) by our uber fans.
Lopez was what 3 months older but suddenly shit?
He had Upon and Ulloa all season.
Bridge was a class apart but that's one player and Ward was hardly an amateur.
His football was stagnant. He's liked on here because he's seen as a nice bloke, bizarre.

Lopez left the club when his contract expired, couldn't find anything better and so returned on the eve of the season. That is why he was nowhere near as effective As others have said, Ulloa missed basically the whole of September, October, November and half of December through suspension and then injury. So rather than a full season, he missed a third of it?

Not defending his football - it bored me shitless at times. But to say he was an overrated manager who would've taken us down is frankly ridiculous

Oct 25, 2003
Vicente must have played about 2 games that previous season.
Hammond was boo ed out (like Barnes) by our uber fans.
Lopez was what 3 months older but suddenly shit?
He had Upon and Ulloa all season.
Bridge was a class apart but that's one player and Ward was hardly an amateur.
His football was stagnant. He's liked on here because he's seen as a nice bloke, bizarre.

ulloa was injured for a pretty sizeable portion of the season. Enough to derail the season anyway. You may be able to remember that we generally had terrible luck with injuries that season, possibly the worst I've seen in my time supporting Brighton. I think Garcia did a good job but wasn't helped out by the board at all, a lot of the responsibilities in terms of transfers were deferred elsewhere and he was given a bit of a bum ride in that respect as I think the board panicked and pegged back on spending- we sure lost some key players (bridge, bridcutt, barnes) and replaced them with much poorer (and cheaper) replacements. Remember it was a pretty similar side that wasn't far off getting relegated the following season

the football was boring though, I'll give you that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some people don't appreciate what Oscar did for this club.

By getting us into the play-offs for a second season in a row outsiders started to take this club seriously as contenders in this division. The importance of keeping the show on the road cannot be underestimated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here